American Golf Custom Fit Issue

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Read my last post. I've had issues but others on here have had decent service so clearly some good AG stores out there. I wouldn't use them having had three different stores give me poor fits but not to say they are all like this
I did read your last post and it was different to your first.
3 different stores,how silly do you have to be to keep going back

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
Me and a mate went to SGGT in Edinburgh after hearing great reviews. I’m 6’2” and he’s 6’3”. The guy measured our previously AG fitted sets and asked us what we thought we had. We were shocked with the findings. He also asks why we had extended clubs. Now I used to fat my old clubs regularly. As soon as he put me in standard length shaft I hit everything sweet. He simply said “you might be tall but you also have long arms”.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
Some interesting comments.

The point I was making though, which doesn't seem to have landed with some, is it's the fitter, not the store.

Our point is it is perhaps the store’s training to their individual fitters. As you’ve seen here, there’s plenty of examples if bad experiences. Sounds more like you were lucky.

Then again, manufacturers dictate what shafts etc. that can be used so once you have a trackman in use it’s pretty easy to see what works best so it’s not rocket science anymore. It’s then personal preference in what you’re looking for in a fitter. I went to SGGT as they buy club heads only and fit their own shafts. They also do some interesting stuff on balancing out imperfections in graphite shafts to minimise a draw/fade bias.

huds1475

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
No mate. I did my research and found someone who knew enough relative to my standard. Been circling for about 12 months on and off.

Theres no point me going to Scott Gourlay or Tour X as I cant put a regular swing on. Sounds like you might fit in the category of those who might benefit from doing so though. Fair play, wish I was!

What's funny on here is that some of those decrying a particular store will have swings more like mine, or worse, and be expecting a fit to turn them into Justin Rose.

Theres always a market for snake oil I guess. Especially amongst gullible golfers.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
No mate. I did my research and found someone who knew enough relative to my standard. Been circling for about 12 months on and off.

Theres no point me going to Scott Gourlay or Tour X as I cant put a regular swing on. Sounds like you might fit in the category of those who might benefit from doing so though. Fair play, wish I was!

What's funny on here is that some of those decrying a particular store will have swings more like mine, or worse, and be expecting a fit to turn them into Justin Rose.

Theres always a market for snake oil I guess. Especially amongst gullible golfers.
I'm sure there must a be some decent AG fitters but on the whole some of these guys are just shop assistants, the ones in Sneck def are that at best, i would think you would get a better fitting nextdoor in Carpet right from the Inverness one:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

But i suppose unless you got to someone who knows your swing, you will just get fitted for what ever swing you turn up with on that day