Speed Of Play & Raking Bunkers.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
It might be in social golf but not in competitive stuff, especially higher level competitions.
I'm assuming, always dangerous, that the scenario is based on your average club comp or social game. Not inter club, county, scratch opens etc. Just regular situations that most on here will find themselves in.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
In general I think the best way to move around a golf course is to get to your ball quickly and play it and tidy up after yourself.
This applies generally to bunkers as well.
Where I will sometimes rake a bunker for someone is in fairway bunkers if I have played a second shot already and they have had to wedge out relatively short and are clearly going to have to play their next shot before me.
Yes I did this twice yesterday.
In a green side bunker it would depend on the circumstances but I have no problem raking a bunker for a pp if it helps him .

D

Deleted member 23270

Just walk up to your ball and hit it mate. If someone is setting up to hit then wait. Otherwise pull the trigger and get on with it.
No it doesn't work like that. County/national level events are taken more seriously.

D

Deleted member 23270

Did I not say only go if someone isn't about to?
Yeah you did and that's fine. But we all know there are people that carry on regardless of others and they cause the problem. Happened to me last year when a guy a couple of yards in front of me but standing behind me as I was playing my shot carried on as I was about to play. Hit his ball at the same time as me which put me off and I dropped a shot as a result. Missed the cut in a national event by 1 shot....not happy!

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yeah you did and that's fine. But we all know there are people that carry on regardless of others and they cause the problem. Happened to me last year when a guy a couple of yards in front of me but standing behind me as I was playing my shot carried on as I was about to play. Hit his ball at the same time as me which put me off and I dropped a shot as a result. Missed the cut in a national event by 1 shot....not happy!
But that can happen at all levels not just "higher level competitions"

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
Sounds like it was a case of situational awareness to me.

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
It's not uncommon to have 2 balls in the air at the same time in my usual group. Maybe it's just the circles I roll in. we just don't get put off my external factors. The Crow scarer gets me every time though ?