Spectators shouting 'FORE' at the open!

Bobmysterkaymer

Head Pro
Visit site
I was at the open practice day yesterday when a ball landed 10ft away from me. No problem as I tracked the wayward shot from mark Wilson. Anyway like a true pro rather that throw it back on to the fairway and take his next shot from the fairway he proceeded to play his ball out of the straw like rough and hook it way left over the heads of spectators watch people tee off from the 18th and then say in his American accent 'this is hitting the house(hut by the side of the grandstand!) BANG! It did.....awesome but I felt like shouting fore!
Now on the championship days what would happen if a spectator shouted fore just out of pure fear for a fellow spectators safety?

palindromicbob

Tour Winner
Visit site
Happened at the irish open quiet a bit. Any time it was heading towards fans there was a gorup call of four. I quiet enjoyed it.

wrighty1874

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I was at the open practice day yesterday when a ball landed 10ft away from me. No problem as I tracked the wayward shot from mark Wilson. Anyway like a true pro rather that throw it back on to the fairway and take his next shot from the fairway he proceeded to play his ball out of the straw like rough and hook it way left over the heads of spectators watch people tee off from the 18th and then say in his American accent 'this is hitting the house(hut by the side of the grandstand!) BANG! It did.....awesome but I felt like shouting fore!
Now on the championship days what would happen if a spectator shouted fore just out of pure fear for a fellow spectators safety?

Don't quote e, but I hink he spectator would be gad of the call !!

North Mimms

Tour Winner
Visit site
I think that no-one could object to a valid shout of Fore, esp if ball is not coming from a direction where spectators would be expecting it, like you described.
Just make sure you yell Fore and not Mashed Potatoes!