Spam pop up

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
On PC with chrome and pop up blocker> the blocker has a counter and just switching from on page to another on this site it shows that nearly 300-400 'somethings ' have been blocked within a minute.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
On PC with chrome and pop up blocker> the blocker has a counter and just switching from on page to another on this site it shows that nearly 300-400 'somethings ' have been blocked within a minute.
Switched off adblocker and the only difference was tha a large space appeared between the thread title and the posts. No sign of the popup.
Switched on adblocker and back to normal

Mobie

Visit site
The web address is a .xyz pop up with a google logo. I get it when I hit a link to the forum on an email from Golf-monthly. The link takes me to the Golf-monthly website through google and I get the pop up almost immediately. I get the same thing if I enter golf-monthly website through the google app but it doesn’t happen if I use yahoo as the browser. I have tried to block the pop up address in google but not having much success. I will keep trying or just make yahoo my default browser to bypass the issue

MKnott

Administrator
Staff member
Visit site
Hi folks,

I've introduced myself to the mod team here, but I'm Matt and I'll be looking after issues like this as they get reported. We're currently looking to get this resolved, it's sadly a fairly common issue across many websites and I know how disconcerting it can be to see a popup like this. While we get this fixed, please don't click in on anything being offered by these extremely suspect pop-ups even out of curiosity or just investigation.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
So glad it’s not just me. That pop-up has been plaguing me for days when I’m trying to access this forum.

MKnott

Administrator
Staff member
Visit site
Still there. Needs fixed or I'll be off.

A fix still needs a bit of work before it can be put in place, hopefully within the next few days. It's not something we take lightly at all and I totally get how irritating it is.

MKnott

Administrator
Staff member
Visit site
Just a quick follow-up in case anyone looks for an update - we have a fix but it'll take a little longer to implement than we initially expected. As soon as it's rolled out I'll let you folks know and ask you to let me know if you encounter it post update.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Just a quick follow-up in case anyone looks for an update - we have a fix but it'll take a little longer to implement than we initially expected. As soon as it's rolled out I'll let you folks know and ask you to let me know if you encounter it post update.

I was being plagued by it (iPhone), but nothing now for several days.