Spain - Malaga area

dangermouse

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Some of you may remember I asked for course recommendations a while ago in the Glasgow area as some friends & I were going to have a bit of a golf tour around there - well one of the lads has bought an apartment near Malaga, so we are reorganising for Spain!

His place is apparently west(?) of Malaga, in the Manilva area - allegedly 20mins from Valderrama. There's no way we will be playing there for price reasons, so if anyone can recommend courses in that area for much more sensible money, I would appreciate it greatly. We're hoping to get 3 courses played in 4 days, so the more suggestions the merrier!

SimonC

Head Pro
Visit site
I've played 6 or 7 courses in the general area of which my favourites were Torrequebrada Golf, Benalmadena great course when in good condition. Santana Golf Club fairly new course but was also very good. I really liked Santa Maria too not the longest of courses but was a good test. I also played Santa Clara, they had the fastest greens I've ever played on they were a lot quicker than the Belfry is mid summer!

Canfordhacker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I lked Santa Maria better than Torrequebrada - can't comment on the others. Also played San Roque, which is nearer to Valderama, and I'd recommend that - Q school has been played there.

IM01

Challenge Tour Pro
www.goswicklinksgc.co.uk
Santa Maria is one of the cheapest and well worth a visit unlike Lauro which is to be avoided.
Montemayor is worth a look,if you go take plenty balls but its a great test of golf.
Don Julia is a newer course which is quite cheap,the buggy is included for a reason.
La Cala's newest course is the poorest of the 3,crammed in the side of the mountain with the worst finishing hole in golf.
Finca Cortesin is a top course but the price may be expensive now it will host the matchplay at the end of the year.

Mike_j_golf

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Chaparral tight course and the best of about 9 i'v played around there better than Torrequebrada and santa maria and i'v paly most of the courses above but this is the one i would go play every year.
Mike

Mike_j_golf

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
http://www.golf-service.com/
Hi
I booked thru the above they can get you much better value on the green fees and there car hire was good value as well also look out for deals where the buggy is included in the green fee as most of the courses down there u have to get a buggy to get around they are so hilly and big distances between the tees and greens and they are usually €35 to rent if they are not included on there web site they also have a ranking of courses.
Mike