South/South East, hotel and good winter course

D

Deleted Member 1156

If the Poole area is within your travel range, I'd recommend Broadstone GC, and stay at Pine Ridge B&B about 2 minutes drive from the club. Fantastic Top 100 heathland course, lots of memorable holes, reasonable price, good drainage, and a quality B&B very close to the club and within walking distance of some nice pubs and restaurants.

Broadstone drains very well and has been in really good condition this autumn. Plenty of hotels with spa facilities in the Poole/Bournemouth area for your other half.

Or how about Hayling? A links course so guaranteed to be playable and the Langstone hotel on the island has a spa or there is great shopping in Portsmouth at Gunwharf Quays.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Broadstone drains very well and has been in really good condition this autumn. Plenty of hotels with spa facilities in the Poole/Bournemouth area for your other half.

Or how about Hayling? A links course so guaranteed to be playable and the Langstone hotel on the island has a spa or there is great shopping in Portsmouth at Gunwharf Quays.

How much is Hayling in February/March? Would be tempted to wander down for a game myself while HID melts the credit card. The pro I was using in the live videos I filmed earlier in the year plays there a lot and is a massive fan and would be up for a game, and I may get a playing lesson

Swingalot

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
ESN a good shout, but the course that used to be the members only course is not a great winter course imo.
Dale Hil has 2 good tracks and a hotel, I’m a fan of the Woosnam course and that is pretty decent all year round.
Old Thorns is a no in the winter from my experience.
Foxhills is a shout, heard that is a great set up with the hotel etc.