South/South East, hotel and good winter course

mashleyR7

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Looking for recommendations on a nice Southern or South East, hotel and good winter course for me and the Mrs. Will either look to book direct with them or through YGT/GB but keen to get a nice winter course playable in February.

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
Looking for recommendations on a nice Southern or South East, hotel and good winter course for me and the Mrs. Will either look to book direct with them or through YGT/GB but keen to get a nice winter course playable in February.

East Sussex National is good. hotel is really nice too.

The Autumn Wind

Assistant Pro
Visit site
If the Poole area is within your travel range, I'd recommend Broadstone GC, and stay at Pine Ridge B&B about 2 minutes drive from the club. Fantastic Top 100 heathland course, lots of memorable holes, reasonable price, good drainage, and a quality B&B very close to the club and within walking distance of some nice pubs and restaurants.

D

Deleted member 21258

Somewhere in Kent I would have thought maybe a good choice, especially the areas that are based on Chalk.

Would have recommended Austin Lodge Golf and staying local, as it used to drain so well, buggies all year and was dry thought out winter and great fun course, played many a time there over winter(when I lived in Essex) but believe the course has been sold and lost forever.

njrose51

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
ESN has two great courses, nice hotel, nice spa etc. Winter can be hit and miss re drainage but ive never found it too bad. Even if you dont play the courses, the hotel is a nice place to stay. If you do play ESN, and you feel like company, let me know and I might be able to join you.

mashleyR7

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If the Poole area is within your travel range, I'd recommend Broadstone GC, and stay at Pine Ridge B&B about 2 minutes drive from the club. Fantastic Top 100 heathland course, lots of memorable holes, reasonable price, good drainage, and a quality B&B very close to the club and within walking distance of some nice pubs and restaurants.

Top 100 sounds interesting I will google and take a look cheers.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
Somewhere in Kent I would have thought maybe a good choice, especially the areas that are based on Chalk.

Would have recommended Austin Lodge Golf and staying local, as it used to drain so well, buggies all year and was dry thought out winter and great fun course, played many a time there over winter(when I lived in Essex) but believe the course has been sold and lost forever.

Austin lodge was a decent track, just a shame they weren't allowed to cull the badgers who all but destroyed the place.

User2021

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
The Grove always have deals on for a one or two night stay with an offer on Golf or Spa.
They will tailor a deal so one can golf and one can spa.

Its not cheap, but Hotel is nice, Golf and Spa both superb and the Glasshouse is a fun dinner ( good quality, but literally help yourself as many times as you wish from loads of choices)

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
The Grove always have deals on for a one or two night stay with an offer on Golf or Spa.
They will tailor a deal so one can golf and one can spa.

Its not cheap, but Hotel is nice, Golf and Spa both superb and the Glasshouse is a fun dinner ( good quality, but literally help yourself as many times as you wish from loads of choices)

Definitely enjoyed my stay and enough for HID to do while I was golfing. We ate in The Stables and the food was first class