Solheim Cup

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
No love for this tournament?

I'm sure I'll catch up with bits and bobs of it over the weekend, won't be physically sitting down to watch any of it as I have commitments this weekend but will keep an eye on the result/scores.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Looking forward to it, will catch as much as I can over the weekend but unusually I need to work both days too so will need to work round that

Should be good viewing

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
As it's on a channel we get through the TV package I'll watch. Also helps that I'm off work and golf at the moment.
To be honest I probably wouldn't pay for a NowTV pass for it
Starts just after 8.

Capella

Journeyman Pro
blog.jutta-jordans.de
I'll definitely try to find some coverage (I don't have a Sky subscription, and I doubt it will be on German free tv, but I hope there will be some free streams available online) to follow the action as closely as possible. Best event of the year, as far as I am concerned.

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I’m watching coverage already, atmosphere building up nicely! The course looks absolutely amazing. Come on girls!

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
I hear that Caroline Masson's fiancé is the caddy for one of the Korda sisters, who they are playing against this morning!

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I will watch a bit of it this afternoon. I can't play today, and am off to the proms tonight. Got a few chores, but should have time for some viewing.

D

Deleted member 15344

It’s a hard to watch - very slow methodical play , beyond the first tee it looks sparse and feels really flat. Doesn’t help with dull commentary as well

And the screeching 😖

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
It’s a hard to watch - very slow methodical play , beyond the first tee it looks sparse and feels really flat. Doesn’t help with dull commentary as well

And the screeching 😖

Its decent background viewing though. It was on whilst I read the paper and had breakfast, and its better viewing than Jeremy Kyle and Judge Rinder. The commentary I can take or leave, but I do prefer the subdued version thats on today.

As for the screeching; that's a tough one. I don't like it either, just as I didn't during the women's world cup. But isn't that a little sexist? We don't complain too much at the cheering at the Ryder Cup or when England play football. Maybe its just the pitch of the shout/scream that grates?

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Snoods, mitts, long sleeve tops, waterproof jackets????

It's blooming tropical - double figures today in Scotland. Bunch of pussies!
LOL caddying a an Internation womens event this week, it was 17 or 18 deg im Nairn all the caddys had shorts and tee shirts on all the women dressed like it was a trip to north Pole.
most of them were heading to GE after.... so does not Suprise me:LOL:

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Georgia Hall's iron play so far has been so good. Hit two fantastic shots into the last 2.

The Korda's seem a dangerous pairing, they've started very strongly. I'm enjoying the broadcast so far, nothing flashy but just good golf viewing.

D

Deleted member 15344

Pace of play is abysmal ready. First game is on the clock already.

I want to watch it and enjoy team events but it's painful to sit down and watch at this pace.

First group is on the clock but the second can’t keep up with them - just seen Thompson’s partner spend two minutes walking up and and down the line of her putt doing aimpoint , I can people switching off from this. The production doesn’t seem great as well - can’t recall any action from the Hull match ? With just four matches it should be non stop action