Solheim Cup Picture, what were they thinking?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I may be wrong but I'm sure I read or heard somewhere that if footballers are representing the national team in a major tournament then the government can/do waive that players national service as they're representing the country in another way.

Think it was during the last Asian couple of the players were at PL teams and were told if they made the national team they get their service waived. But that was only because it was a major event year, so I'm guessing that would also apply to World Cup and Olympic years provided they qualify. You luck out though of your on an odd year there is nothing..

Would assume that doesn't apply to golfers though as there is nothing really that individually or collectively as a nation gets them represented as a nation

Edit: murph beat me to it, I believe it was Son that was referenced at the Asia games
They had to actually win said tournament to get an exemption though I believe.

Wolf

Visit site
They had to actually win said tournament to get an exemption though I believe.
Thought it was only had to make it to a certain round, possibly you're right though maybe was to win it. Either way gives them a chance to dodge it eosicially as not many teams realistically better than them in Asia maybe only 1 or 2

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I think it's just a flag that naturally billowed that way, then with the dodgy photoshop they literally just copied and flipped that same flag image for the other side.

rksquire

Head Pro
Visit site
Think its supposed to symbolise them going into battle but I do agree it looks dour. Not sure about that guy extreme left of the picture. Has his neck been lengthened by African tribal bands. Looks a very bad photoshop

Why is the guy on the left even there? And the lady on the right.... in fact, anybody that's crowd apart from possibly the pipe band? I get game faces... the mascots are smiling belying the rest of the mood, and are the band pied pipers rousing the crowd to follow the Ladies into battle? It's a bit all over the shop. The players + the band might have been okay. Should be a great event all the same.