Solheim Cup 2021

Boomy

Visit site
Get on there ? Pipe down you mashed potato hollering noise boxes!!

P.s the coverage is absolutely dreadful and even worse now they’ve lost.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
That was superb viewing over all 3 days, haven't watched much women's golf before but I'll be watching more from now on.

That was my thinking as well. Not sure if it's just because it's match play rather than the standard 72 hole stroke play but have really enjoyed the last three days. Up to now I thought that Lexi Thomson was just an attractive girl who was pretty good at golf. Didn't realise just what a good golfer she was.

One question, from watching men's golf they seem to spin the ball more than I've seen in the last three days from the women. Is this simply because the greens are harder this week, that the women are hitting in with longer clubs and generating less spin or for another reason?

Rockall

Visit site
That Sky commentator unbelievably still thinks they haven’t won the match yet. How many times does she need to see that Pedersen is dormie 3.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
One question, from watching men's golf they seem to spin the ball more than I've seen in the last three days from the women. Is this simply because the greens are harder this week, that the women are hitting in with longer clubs and generating less spin or for another reason?

The greens are just not receptive, I've seen very little spin on any of the three days.

Wilson

Head Pro
Visit site
That Sky commentator unbelievably still thinks they haven’t won the match yet. How many times does she need to see that Pedersen is dormie 3.
I was so confused, as I thought that gave them the win, but wasn’t sure as they didn’t say so!

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Coverage has been awful. They made it look like a complete anticlimax. Which I suppose it was for the USA.

Whoever this Dotty woman is should never be allowed to speak about golf on TV again. She makes Paul McGinley look good.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
That was my thinking as well. Not sure if it's just because it's match play rather than the standard 72 hole stroke play but have really enjoyed the last three days. Up to now I thought that Lexi Thomson was just an attractive girl who was pretty good at golf. Didn't realise just what a good golfer she was.

The ladies generally don't spin the ball like the men do.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The ladies generally don't spin the ball like the men do.

Why is that? As a not very good golfer I assume that spin is generated when the club strikes the ball. There doesn't seem to be any physiological difference between men and women that would account for that. Does club speed have any effect and with men generally being stronger and swinging faster that makes a difference?

Wilson

Head Pro
Visit site
Dottie Pepper with the icing on her cake, saying they should play foursomes first, as it’s more familiar… pretty sure you mean four-ball’s Dottie.