Solheim Cup 2021

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
What I wouldn't give to be a part of the celebration that's about to start in the European camp. That's going to be one hell of a party.

babylonsinger

Visit site
Really good 3 days viewing - so many ups and downs. Some putt by Castren. Was gutted Reid missed hers!

Noticeably far less idiots in the crowd than the Ryder Cup will no doubt attract in a few weeks

sweaty sock

Hacker
Visit site
Congratulations to Europe and the way they presented themselves. Americans did themselves no favours, slow play, akward fan encouragement at every opportunity, 'fore left' man, ultra stingy with putts.

Even giving them the benefit of the doubt on the rules unfraction, not a team event I'd rush back to playing if it was anything I was involved in.

Echo comments about the coverage too. At times I didnt even know who the americans were playing! It seemed like Georgia Hall and Charlie Hull came close to beating the Korda's without playing 16 holes!

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Congratulations to Europe and the way they presented themselves. Americans did themselves no favours, slow play, akward fan encouragement at every opportunity, 'fore left' man, ultra stingy with putts.

Even giving them the benefit of the doubt on the rules unfraction, not a team event I'd rush back to playing if it was anything I was involved in.

Echo comments about the coverage too. At times I didnt even know who the americans were playing! It seemed like Georgia Hall and Charlie Hull came close to beating the Korda's without playing 16 holes!
Fore left man should have been removed. What an absolute tool.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
One question, on the coverage they talked about a player putting for an eagle or birdie. It's matchplay, surely that is irrelevant. I don't remember seeing that at the Ryder Cup or in matchplay comps. Was that simply the us coverage and commentators that use those references or is that normal and I simply have not noticed previously?

Bazzatron

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
One question, on the coverage they talked about a player putting for an eagle or birdie. It's matchplay, surely that is irrelevant. I don't remember seeing that at the Ryder Cup or in matchplay comps. Was that simply the us coverage and commentators that use those references or is that normal and I simply have not noticed previously?

They used it if the player was away first, so wasn't clear if they were putting for a half or the hole.

I found the use of tied annoying.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
They used it if the player was away first, so wasn't clear if they were putting for a half or the hole.

I found the use of tied annoying.
It's normally A/S, All Square isn't it?

On the first point, why not just say how many shots they had taken. That is the only relevant thing, unless putting second to win, square or save the hole.