Solheim Cup 2021

D

Deleted member 3432

10 seconds is only applicable to balls overhanging the hole.

Any breeze at all on fast greens with any slope and the ball is quite capable of rolling 10 feet after you think it is at rest.

With this in mind I would consider everything overhanging the hole in this event....

Troymcclure

Medal Winner
Visit site
I guess it is doubly difficult when you are playing in a pair, representing a team and your whole country, especially the USA.
This is what makes it less clear cut for me. If I were Korda my decision would be simple. Call Captain over soon after and declare my strong desire to concede a putt to rectify the incident. But Captain decides.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just goes to show how much simpler life (and golf) would be if only the players knew the laws of the game.

Many on here are piling in on the Americans but it was a European player who made the error.

She did but there is always the letter of the law and the spirit...I'd say this was a time to display the latter from the USA.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
She did but there is always the letter of the law and the spirit...I'd say this was a time to display the latter from the USA.

But by that same spirit and letter of the law reckoning... the European player should never have put the US player /team in that position, what on earth was she thinking!

Its right to query the US decision/choices after the pick up/penalty, but the real (only) culprit is Sagstrom

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
But by that same spirit and letter of the law reckoning... the European player should never have put the US player /team in that position, what on earth was she thinking!

Its right to query the US decision/choices after the pick up/penalty, but the real (only) culprit is Sagstrom

I assume she was thinking "that's good" and toss it back to the player writhing on the ground making no attempt to get up and retrieve the conceded putt. I am 100% sure she wasn't thinking "quick, pick it up...it might roll in".

D

Deleted member 18588

I assume she was thinking "that's good" and toss it back to the player writhing on the ground making no attempt to get up and retrieve the conceded putt. I am 100% sure she wasn't thinking "quick, pick it up...it might roll in".

She only had to wait a further 3 seconds.

As to her intent, we will never know but she certainly didn't hang about when striding towards the opposition's ball.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
She only had to wait a further 3 seconds.

As to her intent, we will never know but she certainly didn't hang about when striding towards the opposition's ball.

Genuinely is that the case, I thought the player who made the putt had 10 seconds once they got to the ball. Not a PP.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site

Had it been Sagstroms eagle putt and she was still 20ft away, do you think she might've wanted her retain her right to walk up to see if it might drop?

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Had it been Sagstroms eagle putt and she was still 20ft away, do you think she might've wanted her retain her right to walk up to see if it might drop?

It wasn't going in...not a chance. If we got the hole on the same basis I would think it stinks! Not sure what else I can say about the matter - or at least my feelings on it.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
It wasn't going in...not a chance. If we got the hole on the same basis I would think it stinks! Not sure what else I can say about the matter - or at least my feelings on it.

After seeing the TV close up or if I was standing over the ball I'd agree, it wasn't going in
But in a match do I want my opponent making that decision for me every time?

It was close enough because part of the ball was overhanging, I'm pretty confident saying in a regular tour event every player would've got over their bad luck that it didn't fall, walked to the hole to give it a closer look before tapping in.. But every one of them would've paused and looked.
Sagstrom removed the opportunity for Korda to do that.
Chance of dropping or not, It wasn't her call to make

Mandofred

Visit site
Burn the witch!!

People keep talking about sportsmanship.....and then desperately looking to condemn someone. Both sides probably could have handled it better......give them a break. Most people are great at figuring out what they "should" have done.....afterwards.

toyboy54

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Not even in my dreams. I'm just not close to the level of run of the mill pros never mind the top players. I'd be so far out of my depth it'd be embarrassing! :ROFLMAO:

Can understand what you mean.
Watched one of our scratch boys playing our pro on our 12th par4...Pro hits 5 iron almost into ditch short of green/ scratch lad hits driver -same result!
As you say, just a different game:LOL:

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I always had a mindset where I never touched my opponents golf ball.

The only time I got caught out was against a young high handicapper who putted 4 foot past the hole and nearly in line with my putt.
Is that alright..... he asked.
It's fine says I .....thinking he meant did I want it marked.
He walked forward and picked up his ball. :love:
Nae mercy after that and I defeated the cheeky wee sod a long way from the clubhouse.