Society day on Tuesday.

medwayjon

Tour Winner
www.snodhurstcarsales.co.uk
Got our day out on Tuesday at Hemstead Forest in Kent.

40 of us are playing (a great turnout) and there are various prizes on offer.

Just seeking any advice about how to play a new course as I have never played here before although I have studied a course guide.

Should I play my normal attacking game or play in a more reserved fashion in the hope of a reasonable score as opposed to chasing a big-one?

I have also been nominated as one of the 2 official scorers so am 1st out which means 1st in the bar! Get those magners ready :D :D :D

nomadpaul

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Probably best to start with no pre-conceptions as you might find yourself in the wrong mindset . I'd say see how you feel on the first few holes and go from there .

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
That's the idea of Society days isn't it, trying out a new track. Personally, I think you just play your game. It becomes a test of how well you can read a course; I love that side of it, even if I don't score well.

Mind you the GPS will ruin that side of things.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I'd go with no set game plan and play it by ear. It depends on how you feel and how you hit the ball in your warm up. Play each hole on its merits. I'd try and get a course planner too or maybe have a look at each hole online. Above all just go out and enjoy it which is what society days are about

theeaglehunter

Tour Winner
Visit site
grip it and rip it, don't read too much into it- just play your game. Keep it straight and play from the fairway and as at all courses you'll do fine.

Atticus_Finch

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I would just go out there will the sole intention of enjoying yourself Jon. If a score appears, then it's a bonus.
I wouldn't let it diminish my enjoyment of what should be a sociable day out with a few beers.

Doh

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I always try to get as much information about a new course as i can so a definate is a course planner.Getting hold of a card is very useful to_One thing i always do is take notice of the yardage of the holes and try to compare them to holes i've played before taking into account the different terrain and such.

So even though your on a hole you havn't played before you know what clubs you usualy need to take to cover that distance, given the conditions.

Rather than gripping it and ripping it for the first few holes i always try to play within myself it helps me get into a rhythm so if i need to give it some wellie at some point later my swing feels good.

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
Play to your handicapp, Attack when you can and dont be overly agressive. Pick up the pars and the birdies might come!