So... Who chips the "new" way?

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Thats the thing with the short game Jimbooo, it's so much about practice. The practice will then give you confidence and then you have got half a chance. One of the reasons I love links golf is that you can use your imagination when playing low chip and runs, or even putting from well off the green. The lob wedge can be left in the garage.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
The biggest problem I had was actually making more of a turn with the body and not letting the arms do all the work. There is a great article on this new way of chipping in Golf International this month with some really good drills

sev112

Tour Winner
Visit site
Some old bloke in a car park sold me a couple of bits of plastic tied together with an elastic band and told me it woudl change my life

Actually, chipping with Bob's gadget was a revelation - i just could not believe i could swap from the "hands ahead" type chips that had served me well for years, but the Veasy just does exactly what you are all talking about and the consistency in distance and ball contact is astonishing

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Some old bloke in a car park sold me a couple of bits of plastic tied together with an elastic band and told me it woudl change my life

Actually, chipping with Bob's gadget was a revelation - i just could not believe i could swap from the "hands ahead" type chips that had served me well for years, but the Veasy just does exactly what you are all talking about and the consistency in distance and ball contact is astonishing

Thanks mate, the cheque is in the post ;)

I'm actually thinking about bringing out a new V-Easy....

The all new TOUR V-EAZY 25S Burner (for the American market)
Guaranteed to hit your putts longer and straighter :whistle:

painterboy

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Tried it and get the occasional thin shot which is a real confidence knocker. I Use the method on Phil Micklesons' DVD which has improved my pitching and chipping no end.

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
Probably won't be using a technique where the world's No1 player knifes it over the green with his first effort!! ..if he can't get it right what chance have I got???????????? :confused:

JT77

Tour Winner
Visit site
I tried it today, and after 1 fat, i have to say i am very pleased with how it went, it will take some work to get it ingrained and get the distances better, but the method, for me, worked, well it did today! :) thanks jim

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
It is definitely something that needs a lot of work initially but I'm pretty happy. I've a short game lesson booked for next month so I'll be interested to see what method the guy wants to try and show me!