So what are you listening to at the moment?

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
The cramps.. suddenly the wife likes some of it as one song featured one The recent Wednesday Adams program. Not showed any interest in them the last 30 odd years ?

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Robert Cray. Bought Strong Persuader (1986) on release and loved it - still a favourite, but didn’t follow-up on any more. Couple weeks back picked up his Who’s Been Talkin (1980) on CD from Oxfam shop for £1 and been listening to it in the car. Love it - love a bit of Blues. Must pull up another favourite from back then - B B King Midnight Believer later.

sjw

Visit site
I put a playlist together yesterday to listen to when I play the game "Steep" on PC (Skiing and snowboarding). I wanted a playlist that I could imagine listening to riding the slopes, so there's some chill, some faster, some hip hop, some indie, but aiming for songs that are either anthemic or sound like they've been recorded for a large sound stage. It actually came out quite well, I thought, and I can imagine listening to it driving etc.

On the off chance anyone is interested, it's here on Spotify https://open.spotify.com/playlist/7xshI8FP5nlQNGJzbdOmPT?si=a704f354203246d9. It's a WIP

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Hamish Hawk - yet another discovery for me courtesy of BBC Radio 6 Music just a couple of days ago. Great tune and lyrics. New album out in couple of weeks.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 1147

My favourite solo performer doing a cover of my favourite band

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway…to get tuned-in for the two The Musical Box - TLLDoB Tour gigs I’m going to in the next two weeks (one with my Mrs) - since for no reason other than I have to explain to my wife what it’s about - as if anyone actually Raelly knows…(see what I did there ?)

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Kate Bush - The Kick Inside.

BBC Radio 6 Music doing a ’deep dive’ into it this midnight hour, playing the whole album interspersed with observations by others and various musicians influenced by it….and her.

I‘ve got the album on vinyl but haven’t listened to it through for ages…but thoroughly enjoying it this evening. The voice is one thing…for some (including myself) both ethereal and beautiful, yet for others it can at times be just a bit too much - but whatever you think of her voice, the tunes and her words are exquisite.

Worth revisiting the album or catch the programme on BBC Sounds.

Just one of many stunning tracks…

Last edited: