So what are you listening to at the moment?

Patster1969

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Due to a slightly ecletic music taste, have been too two gigs over the last fortnight, with two different music styles & venues - saw Duran Duran at the O2 on the BH Monday and then Neds Atomic Dustbin at the Islington Assembly Hall on the Sunday after.
Both excellent but totally different experiences (the Assembly Hall is a nice venue though, slightly more intimate than the O2).

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Our lad is spending a few nights with us this week while he is doing a set of events up Islington way and yesterday evening suggested a couple of bands for me to have a listen to…

First up - a bit of Latin-influenced modern prog - especially for the guitar buffs - Polyphia

…and for seconds some totally bonkers Japanese metal…well…I give you BabyMetal…very big in Japan…and all over the place…

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Due to a slightly ecletic music taste, have been too two gigs over the last fortnight, with two different music styles & venues - saw Duran Duran at the O2 on the BH Monday and then Neds Atomic Dustbin at the Islington Assembly Hall on the Sunday after.
Both excellent but totally different experiences (the Assembly Hall is a nice venue though, slightly more intimate than the O2).
My lad worked on a series of live podcasts at the Islington Assembly Hall last week - perfect he said for that sort of more intimate event, and last night he was working on a UB40 gig at the O2 Manchester. Rather different but right for UB40.

I've got pretty eclectic tastes also - though the gigs I've got coming up shortly are probably similar audience - Jack Johnson (at the Hammersmith Apollo) and Belle and Sebastian (either at the Asylum, Hull Uni or O2 Academy Sheffield - maybe both :love:)

ExRabbit

Club Champion
Visit site
I just noticed that my next post was for 1000.

I also noticed that this was recently voted the most memorable festival set of all time.

Not a shock as it was voted the best live performance of all time anyway.

Go Freddie for my 1000th post! :)

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Emerson Lake & Palmer - their eponymous first album.

Had a bit of an on/off love affair with ELP ever since I heard Brain Salad Surgery for the first time way back then in 1974…after being attracted to it by the cover on display in the school art department (it was a competition prize). I love it then as I came to love Trilogy. But for same reasons as caused punk to emerge I got a bit exhausted by them.

But I’ve never listened to their first album…and listening to it now I’m loving the classical and especially the heavy jazz influences, with not too much of Emerson’s almost unbelievable but often rather OTT keyboards.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Since becoming a Spotify w⚓ I've been trying to listen to old-ish bands whose back catalogues I'd kind of missed out on. One band that I generally liked the singles of but never bothered with albums was Blur, so I had a listen to some of theirs. Was ultimately quite disappointing. When you take the singles out, a lot of what remained could only be described as dirge-like. Shame.

I've also been using it to explore genres that I've not dived into enough, some of which were hardcore and post-hardcore. Stumbled across a band named Thrice, only problem being they have about nine albums to wade through, but have really enjoyed them thus far.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
More singles for my jukebox from a charity shop they only wanted 50p each , also got Superstition - Stevie Wonder- All or Nothing- Small Faces- Tracks of my Years- Smokey Robinson You Really got Me - Kinks - Like a Rollin Stone- Dylan-Cool fire Cats - Squeeze- My Girl -The Temtations- New York New York- Sinatra- Knocking on Heavens Door- Dylan- gave them a donation as there worth more than 50p each, just need a clean and on they go
IMG_1009.jpeg

Norrin Radd

Tour Winner
Visit site
Only yesterday did I find my cd collection, we moved last December and they have been missing ,but no more, so the first into the car cd player was and still is a greatest hits cd by Texas, absolutely love Charlene Spiteri and Texas .

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Came across the George Harrison track Something by Phyllis Dylan , I don’t normally like many covers but thought this one was brilliant.

Sorry I can’t post a link.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
ELO Greatest Hits... one of those bands that off the top your head, you'd have thought they had 1 or 2 hits, but listen to this and there's 5 or 6 absolute bangers that you forgot about. :D