So what are you listening to at the moment?

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Sorry to resurrect an old thread but went to see my old mate Fish in concert last night. Blown away by the quality of the voice and a great show and a huge backstage party after.

However my point is, given all the discussion about WW1 on here in the last few months, please give Feast of Consequences his latest album a listen. There's a suite of songs specifically written about a series of Fellini events relating to his grandparents. Short story, in 2015 his maternal grandfather was sent to Belgium after joining. Fish was invited to visit the battlefields in 2012 and unbeknown to the expert and Fish until they researched it at the time, they were on the same spot he was sent to. Few days later he moved to Arras on his birthday and was staying in a B&B that now looks over what was no mans land. Again, unknown until he was told on his birthday, his paternal grandfather actually dug trenches on the street outside the B&B and so he was staying yards from where his grandfather served.

He played this suite in its entirity last night with some superb and at times moving images on projector screens either of the stage. For some 25 minutes you could hear a pin drop in a sizeable audience. It was as moving and powerful performance by any artist as I've seen (irrespective of my knowing the artist). For those that like that sort of thing there is a CD box set with a booklet containing a fuller explanation of the story above and filled with Mark Wilkinson artwork but if not, it's available for free via Spotify. If you have any interest in the WW1 events, please listen to it and it'll blow you away.

C

c1973

This evening in my bath I have been mostly listening to Depeche Mode.

Specifically, A Question of Time, Blasphemous Rumours, Stripped and See You.

One of the most underrated (yet astonishingly successful) music acts there is imo. I always enjoy 'rediscovering' them.

:) (can we have a singing in the bath smiley please?)

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
The album that has my attention at the moment is
Brother to Brother by The Nimmo Brothers

It's one of the best I've heard ......................... awesome.

Slime.

JCW

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Watching Benefits Britain , no wonder i pay so much tax ..................listen to old songs today, remember do the hustle , kung Fu fighting , Tom Jones stuff , songs from the past but still good

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
This music (Nimrod) from a local lad (Edward Elgar) always hits the spot for me. Some nice accompanying pictures from his beloved Malverns.

[video=youtube;8LounIThU_8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LounIThU_8[/video]

Last edited:

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
I always associate that Elgar piece with Neil Diamond's 'Dear Father' from Jonathon Livingston Seagull, so rekindled my memory of that album.

Quite a bit of Joe Cocker too, including the originals of some of his interpretations (Jackson Browne's Jamaica Say You Will) which triggered checking out Browne's new one!

Back to Jimmy Buffett for some 'sanity' :rolleyes: shortly!

S

Snelly

Above and Beyond. Awesome.

And I love Nora En Pure, she's amazing.....

Lights in Uruguay is is lovely.

Also keen on Judah, search for them on Soundcloud. Top guys!

D

Deleted member 17920

The gloaming, enjoying listening when I am walking the hound.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Above and Beyond. Awesome.

And I love Nora En Pure, she's amazing.....

Lights in Uruguay is is lovely.

Also keen on Judah, search for them on Soundcloud. Top guys!

Is that Group Therapy Accoustic? Everything those three do is amazing but when Justine Suissa joins in and they become Oceanlab, they just go to the next level IMO.

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
Been watching Sounds of the 60s on Yesterday, so great stuff that rarely gets shown these days, Bonzo Dog Doh Dah Band and Family being a couple of notables.