So what are you listening to at the moment?

S

Snelly

Is that Group Therapy Accoustic? Everything those three do is amazing but when Justine Suissa joins in and they become Oceanlab, they just go to the next level IMO.

Yes - that's them.

Also check out Judah on Soundcloud. Their remix of London Grammar is sensational.

Khamelion

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm going through listening to all the music I have in iTunes that has zero plays against them, so the next tune up for me is Alanis Morissette - Eight Easy Steps

C

c1973

[video]http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=ye4XaPs45mA[/video]

Stuck this on whilst having a soak in the tub. Cannot believe this is 21/22 yrs old!!!

Tune. One for those of us who can't recall the weekends of our youth.....but still knew it was buzzin'. :)

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
Great band. It's on is a personal fave. Loved that era. Northside, The High etc,etc

Northside?? Christ on a bike, weren't they the runt of the baggy litter, you must have been really caning it to like them.;) But I agree Weekender is a great tune.

C

c1973

Great band. It's on is a personal fave. Loved that era. Northside, The High etc,etc

I've got a ten inch version of Its On. Only plays one side, the b side has a raised flower printed on the vinyl. Quite neat looking.

It was indeed a great era. Hacker is quite correct about Northside mind you............even if I did go and see them live. I must have been caning it as well. :eek:

:)

drewster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I've got a ten inch version of Its On. Only plays one side, the b side has a raised flower printed on the vinyl. Quite neat looking.

It was indeed a great era. Hacker is quite correct about Northside mind you............even if I did go and see them live. I must have been caning it as well. :eek:

:)

"Shall we take a trip down memory lane ??"

C

c1973

"Shall we take a trip down memory lane ??"

Indeed.....my head was certainly 'in the clouds with the acid rain' back then. :)

Listening to the Buzzcocks - Another Music In A Different Kitchen this afternoon, pretty decent album that.

D

Deleted Member 1156

Reliving my youth right now......Bob Seger....Hollywood Nights :D

Brilliant drum beat :thup:

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Cripes! Blast from student days past!

Currently playing: Miroist (instrumental djent).

Don't really listen to much "djent" stuff mate, it's something I need to try and get a hook on, any recommendations?
For me it's Porcupine Tree at the minute (Fear Of Blank Planet obviously ;)) and I've got the album everyone should listen to before they die lined up next...Pagan Terrorism Tactics by Acid Bath, truly a sublime masterpiece.

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
Don't really listen to much "djent" stuff mate, it's something I need to try and get a hook on, any recommendations?
For me it's Porcupine Tree at the minute (Fear Of Blank Planet obviously ;)) and I've got the album everyone should listen to before they die lined up next...Pagan Terrorism Tactics by Acid Bath, truly a sublime masterpiece.

I fell in to djent by accident by using Bandcamp to look for new stuff. If you type in Google 'Bandcamp djent' that should give you a link to a host of albums to look at. All are free to listen and some are free to download. Loads are instrumental too, varying from fluffy light to heavy.

Recommendations? I listen to Cloudkicker, Tesseract, Widek, Indefinite Execution, Miroist, Thessa, Catch the Sun and one of my favs ever, Uneven Structure (Februus).

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Reliving my youth right now......Bob Seger....Hollywood Nights :D

Brilliant drum beat :thup:

Snap on the artist, Santa filled some gaps in the CD collection, just listening to Old Time Rock and Roll; if there's a song whose lyrics sum up my musical tastes this is it. Next up some Lynyrd Skynyrd.

Marshy77

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Bought the latest Defected Most Rated comp the other day, Terry Farley's Acid Rain comp and will be getting the new Joey Negro comp on Defected too. Had the Pharrell album on recently too.