So what are you listening to at the moment?

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
I'm not one for political songs but this is just superb...

[video=youtube;mot5QEecT1M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mot5QEecT1M[/video]

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
And a newer song from the same band, Against Me! now that the singer has officially become a woman and written and album about her journey...

[video=youtube;HTxUYDDv31s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTxUYDDv31s[/video]

C

c1973

I went to see Big Country last Thursday and have been playing numerous tracks of theirs all week. Great band.

They were fantastic in their day, not sure I can take to the new singer though, which is a shame as they play some terrific stuff.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
I went to see Big Country last Thursday and have been playing numerous tracks of theirs all week. Great band.

They were fantastic in their day, not sure I can take to the new singer though, which is a shame as they play some terrific stuff.

I'm with c1973 on this, the band still play great but the vocals just aren't right for me. Went to see them last year & for the first time ever walked out early on a gig, it was spoiling the memories of previous performances.

C

c1973

I'm saying nothing, I'm going to see Jason Donovan at the end of the month!!

In fairness, it's the War of the Worlds stage show and I think he might be singing a wee bit during it. :D

Blue in Munich

Visit site
I'm saying nothing, I'm going to see Jason Donovan at the end of the month!!

In fairness, it's the War of the Worlds stage show and I think he might be singing a wee bit during it. :D

On holiday in the USA last year got into the free concert on the lawn of the Capitol building; if the Mrs wants to wind me up re musical taste in front of other people she tells people that I've been to see Neil Diamond & Barry Manilow in concert, obviously leaving out the details of how & why.

Saw Jason Donovan in Priscilla, Queen of the Desert, & he was rather good, enjoy.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Just picked up an original copy of The Beatles Rubber Soul from a charity shop for 50p (vinyl obviously). Listening to my find right now. Also picked up a few others including albums by Family, Free, Stranglers, Atomic Rooster, Clapton and Peter Green. Classic stuff.

I remember seeing Atomic Rooster way back and Peter Green a few times, in fact I saw him play Albatross once when he wasn't too shot away!

D

Deleted member 15344

On holiday in the USA last year got into the free concert on the lawn of the Capitol building; if the Mrs wants to wind me up re musical taste in front of other people she tells people that I've been to see Neil Diamond & Barry Manilow in concert, obviously leaving out the details of how & why.

Saw Jason Donovan in Priscilla, Queen of the Desert, & he was rather good, enjoy.

Me and the wife went to see Neil Diamond :D took her Grandad - was a great time

C

c1973

I will do.:thup:

I've read some reviews saying he puts in a bloody good performance.

Not sure about Marti Pellows chances of measuring up to Justin Heyward though, although having said that I had the pleasure of seeing Marti belting out some classic Soul numbers years ago and he was pretty good tbf.

Blue in Munich

Visit site

Not sure about Marti Pellows chances of measuring up to Justin Heyward though, although having said that I had the pleasure of seeing Marti belting out some classic Soul numbers years ago and he was pretty good tbf.

Can't see him comparing but he's always put in a good performance when we've seen him, doubt you'll be disappointed.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site

I saw Marti Pellow recently in Evita and he was pretty good