So what are you listening to at the moment?

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'm saying nothing, I'm going to see Jason Donovan at the end of the month!!

In fairness, it's the War of the Worlds stage show and I think he might be singing a wee bit during it. :D
My name is Bill and I admit to being persuaded to buy tickets then go see and LISTEN to Sydney Devine :eek:

Last edited:

wrighty1874

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Mike Peters no longer sings with them. A guy called Simon Hough has taken over and I thought he was top notch. THey got a great reception from their first visit to Leamington, and said they'll definitely be back. Well worth £20.
They were fantastic in their day, not sure I can take to the new singer though, which is a shame as they play some terrific stuff.

wrighty1874

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If you saw them last year then it was Mike Peters from the Alarm (68 Guns). This new guy from a few months ago sound just like Stuart Adamson.
I'm with c1973 on this, the band still play great but the vocals just aren't right for me. Went to see them last year & for the first time ever walked out early on a gig, it was spoiling the memories of previous performances.

Spear-Chucker

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Dull morning writing reports - eased the pain with a tour of late 80's metal, then onto Seether, Slipknot, 5 finger Death Punch and topped off by Glen Campbell. Lovely.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Dull morning writing reports - eased the pain with a tour of late 80's metal, then onto Seether, Slipknot, 5 finger Death Punch and topped off by Glen Campbell. Lovely.

If you like Slipknot you might like (or at least appreciate) my lads band Actions to Onslaught

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJie7bkoXE4

At the moment - a bit different from the aforementioned I'm listening to Fotheringay - lead singer the sumptuous Sandy Denny :)

Last edited:

Spear-Chucker

Tour Rookie
Visit site
If you like Slipknot you might like (or at least appreciate) my lads band Actions to Onslaught

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJie7bkoXE4

At the moment - a bit different from the aforementioned I'm listening to Fotheringay - lead singer the sumptuous Sandy Denny :)

Wow, they're tremendous! Really like the track in the link and I'm working my way through the others whilst I write:) Some excellent writing, musicianship and production there... Most impressed.

What role does your lad have?

p.s. Haven't heard Fotheringay for ages; nearest I've been to Sandy Denny's stuff for a while is listening to Fairports 'Meet on the Ledge' at the end of Cropredy

sev112

Tour Winner
Visit site
Saw Asia at Shepherds Bush Empire last Sunday, so catching up on some of their albums on vinyl.:eek:

Any of the originals in the lineup Rich ?
They used to be the bees knees when I was 17, but part from one or two, they really have dated poorly I think

Was listening to Whitesnake Live in the Heart of the City last week, that stands the test of time

sev112

Tour Winner
Visit site
I even had a back stager to meet and greet Sir Bob after. Was a major factor in swerving. I see Toyah is playing a small venue in Reading in February. Tempted

What kind of small venue ?
Actually she s prob another you don't want to see now as it will per entry damage happy memories etc

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
They used to be the bees knees when I was 17, but part from one or two, they really have dated poorly I think

Was listening to Whitesnake Live in the Heart of the City last week, that stands the test of time

You just can't beat a good live album.

Rockin' the Filmore - Humble Pie
Irish Tour '74 - Rory Gallagher
Made in Japan - Deep Purple
Strangers in the Night - UFO
Live and Dangerous - Thin Lizzy
If You Want Blood - AC DC
Uriah Heep Live - Uriah Heep
One More From The Road - Lynyrd Skynyrd
At the Filmore East - The Allman Brothers

Oh my goodness ............................ there are so many. And how many have I missed?

Slime.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site

Three originals, Wetton, Downes and Palmer.:thup: New guitarist who must be about 25 !!!!

They were really good, Wetton's voice was much better than I was expecting. All the old stuff, plus a couple of new ones. My 20 year old daughter loved them.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Wow, they're tremendous! Really like the track in the link and I'm working my way through the others whilst I write:) Some excellent writing, musicianship and production there... Most impressed.

What role does your lad have?

p.s. Haven't heard Fotheringay for ages; nearest I've been to Sandy Denny's stuff for a while is listening to Fairports 'Meet on the Ledge' at the end of Cropredy

My lad is the hardcore vocalist and part-lyricist. The link is to a track off their new album - they've just recently been signed by a US label - more to promote them their rather than organise tours yet. Lots of good musicianship going in in there. You'll of course find them on Facebook etc :)

I only found the eponymous Fotheringay album today in a charity shop. Beautiful and what a voice Sandy Denny has/d - so sad she died so young (31)

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site

Oh my goodness ............................ there are so many. And how many have I missed?

Slime.

Free Live (released 1971)

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site

Slime.

Agree with that sentiment. Love Live & Dangerous and One More from the Road on that list, I'll add;

Alchemy - Dire Straits
Nine Tonight - Bob Seger
Live! Live! Live! - Bryan Adams
Blues Alive - Gary Moore
Live at Leeds - The Who
Hell Freezes Over - Eagles
Live 1975 - '85 - Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band

richart

Major Champion
Visit site

Slime.
Strangers in the night is on my car cd at the moment. Only problem is it does tend to make me drive faster.:eek:oo:

Live Tapes BJH is superb.