So what are you going to do instead?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm getting a set of sketching pencils and I'm going to try my hand at drawing again. Back at school I was really good at it, but I've not drawn anything since then - well over a decade. Wonder if I've completely lost it or not.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Plectrum is a natural amplifier and it’s in your interest to learn both.
I don’t use one myself I prefer a softer tone.
But also try some finger picking that’s great but hard to do at first.
See what’s natural to you that’s always what’s best.
nice guitar , I much prefer acoustic.

Ah ha. The amplifier bit makes sense as the sound was louder for sure. I too like the softer sound of thumb/finger - not picked with anything but thumb but will give it a go. The try I had with the plectrum I felt a bit detatched from the guitar but again probably what I'm used to.

I love the guitar. So hard to get hold of and sourced a few in the natural but set my heart on the tobacco sunburst so wasn't going to settle for 2nd best and would have waited. Finally found an online retailer showing 2 in stock and was very happy! The reviews as a beginners guitar are very positive so was determined it was the one for me. It may be a bit big - or at least can feel a little awkward but I can live with that.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Ah ha. The amplifier bit makes sense as the sound was louder for sure. I too like the softer sound of thumb/finger - not picked with anything but thumb but will give it a go. The try I had with the plectrum I felt a bit detatched from the guitar but again probably what I'm used to.

I love the guitar. So hard to get hold of and sourced a few in the natural but set my heart on the tobacco sunburst so wasn't going to settle for 2nd best and would have waited. Finally found an online retailer showing 2 in stock and was very happy! The reviews as a beginners guitar are very positive so was determined it was the one for me. It may be a bit big - or at least can feel a little awkward but I can live with that.
I bought a folk guitar which is only about 3/4 size of a proper acoustic.
Bit late now I know.
Make sure you sit on a barstool type chair because if you sit on a normal chair with your legs 45* it can push the body to high .
It’s just because the width is twice as much as an electric as well you will soon get used to it.
Look online for the “three chord songbook” or “little black book of acoustic songs” they will keep you busy for months if not years the black book is brilliant.
If you have trouble finding it let me know and I will find the publishers number.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I'm getting a set of sketching pencils and I'm going to try my hand at drawing again. Back at school I was really good at it, but I've not drawn anything since then - well over a decade. Wonder if I've completely lost it or not.
I dont think you lose it, its like like riding a bike!
I've done quite a few drawings in the last few months

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I dont think you lose it, its like like riding a bike!
I've done quite a few drawings in the last few months
I would love to be able to draw .
It’s a great talent .
I’m ok with fruit etc , but my horses made me give up .;)
They were shocking and looked like they were standing in a ditch.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I would love to be able to draw .
It’s a great talent .
I’m ok with fruit etc , but my horses made me give up .;)
They were shocking and looked like they were standing in a ditch.

I've done awful ones too, practice practice practice I guess is the answer, even the best of the best had tutors

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Mainly portraits from photos
Yeah I always loved to draw people. I think it's because it's more challenging. Like, if you draw a banana people might say 'yeah that's good, it looks like a banana'. But does it look like that banana? When you draw a person people wouldn't just say, yeah that looks like a person, good job. If you know what I mean. :D

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Yeah I always loved to draw people. I think it's because it's more challenging. Like, if you draw a banana people might say 'yeah that's good, it looks like a banana'. But does it look like that banana? When you draw a person people wouldn't just say, yeah that looks like a person, good job. If you know what I mean. :D

I find that portraits are more satisfying but just a small pencil stroke can alter a face and you can so easily lose that essential thing, or essence, I guess of somebody ( if you know what I mean)