Snapped driver shaft - any comeback?

Old Colner

Club Champion
Visit site
There’s a guy call golfrepairs4u on Facebook, he’s very competitive on shafts and supplies them with the adapters and grips fitted. I paid 60.00 for a brand new black tie with cobra adapter

I have used Sam in the past, very knowledgeable, good prices and a good guy, he is also on EBay

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Bought new driver last month (Ping G425) Played this morning, put the clubs in the back seat, got home to find the shaft hanging on by a thread.

Have no idea how it happened, am guessing it must have been closing the car door, but didn’t slam it or anything like that, so am pretty shocked and gutted.

Is there any point going back to the retailer, or do I just need to suck it up? And if so, what’s the going rate for a new shaft (Alta CB 55 Regular)?

You broke it. It was not broken in normal use. You can't ask the retailer or manufacturer to help. You need to suck it up.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Yes, I know, but the general point stands. The OP broke it, his problem, not Ping's. And committing fraud by lying about it broke is no better than writing down a birdie when you had a bogey.
The OP resolved it on post #17, paid for a new shaft. All back in March. A new person has resurrected the tread, all fine, but pulling up the OP seems a bit odd when the resolution is there and done 'correctly'

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Yes, I know, but the general point stands. The OP broke it, his problem, not Ping's. And committing fraud by lying about it broke is no better than writing down a birdie when you had a bogey.

If you actually took the time to read the thread, you will see that I was totally honest and upfront with the retailer. There was no "lying" or "committing fraud" as you so nicely put it.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
If you actually took the time to read the thread, you will see that I was totally honest and upfront with the retailer. There was no "lying" or "committing fraud" as you so nicely put it.

I didn't say you did, but someone else suggested you should by saying it was broken in normal play.