Smart TV advice required

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Well I popped into Richer Sounds today and came out a wee while later with this little set up on order.......

http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/panasonic/viera-tx50cx680b/pana-tx50cx680b

http://www.richersounds.com/product/soundbars-sound-base/yamaha/srt1000/yama-srt1000-blk

http://www.richersounds.com/product/blu-ray/panasonic/dmpbd83eb/pana-dmpbd83eb

http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv-stands/alphason/new-ambri-1350/alph-new-ambr-1350-b

Once again thanks for the pointers and advice folks, much appreciated.

Im looking forward to getting this little lot fired up.
The Yamaha soundbase throws out one helluva sound, thought i was at the bloomin cinema!

Extremely helpfull and knowledgable staff.

EDIT: For those who were following the advice themselves, can i just say the OLED screens for LG tellys were amazing; astonishing picture quality.
I plumped for Panasonc over LG (in part) due to previous experience, but trust me the picture was astounding, dont let my experience put you off if you are still in the market.

Anyone wanna buy a 2nd hand home cinema surround system?? ;)

Very wise buys mate. Glad they got you sorted. Great bunch of guys in that store.

C

c1973

Very wise buys mate. Glad they got you sorted. Great bunch of guys in that store.

Yep, They are indeed...............cannae make a decent cup of tea mind ye, think I'll plump for the coffee next time im in. :)

Thanks for putting me on to them Greig, greatly appreciated. :thup:

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Just read this and was gonna recommend a Panasonic as son in law got one on Thursday. Buzzed a bit for first couple of days, but it is gorgeous, think he got it from argos

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Well I popped into Richer Sounds today and came out a wee while later with this little set up on order.......

http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/panasonic/viera-tx50cx680b/pana-tx50cx680b

http://www.richersounds.com/product/soundbars-sound-base/yamaha/srt1000/yama-srt1000-blk

http://www.richersounds.com/product/blu-ray/panasonic/dmpbd83eb/pana-dmpbd83eb

http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv-stands/alphason/new-ambri-1350/alph-new-ambr-1350-b

Once again thanks for the pointers and advice folks, much appreciated.

Im looking forward to getting this little lot fired up.
The Yamaha soundbase throws out one helluva sound, thought i was at the bloomin cinema!

Extremely helpfull and knowledgable staff.

EDIT: For those who were following the advice themselves, can i just say the OLED screens for LG tellys were amazing; astonishing picture quality.
I plumped for Panasonc over LG (in part) due to previous experience, but trust me the picture was astounding, dont let my experience put you off if you are still in the market.

Anyone wanna buy a 2nd hand home cinema surround system?? ;)

Keep us posted on the sound bar results, I'm in the market for a wireless one if possible.:thup:

C

c1973

Keep us posted on the sound bar results, I'm in the market for a wireless one if possible.:thup:

Sound base is quality so far. Very good sound, handles music as well as tv (it's not a music system but it's more than acceptable) and that's out the box without me having a chance to tweak it to my own preference, so it's all good.

The different settings for tv, movies, sport, stereo all seem very well suited to their individual tasks.......not sure about the gaming mode as I haven't had a PS for a wee while.

Not had a chance to watch a full movie yet, but did watch a few mins of Iron Man and the movie setting did not disappoint, no it won't be as good as a full on surround with speakers all around you, but does it do its job? On first impressions, Yes, and it does it very well.

Good bass with built in sub woofers that can be controlled separately from the main volume. Very good idea imo, it will let you set it up just the way you like it.
It has the option of connecting a seperate woofer........you will not need to, trust me.

A helluva lot of bang for your buck imo, I reckon these will be flying off the shelf. You'll listen to a demo and you will buy it I reckon.

Easy to set up, plug it in and you're good to go.

Recommended? Very much so. :thup:

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Sound base is quality so far. Very good sound, handles music as well as tv (it's not a music system but it's more than acceptable) and that's out the box without me having a chance to tweak it to my own preference, so it's all good.

The different settings for tv, movies, sport, stereo all seem very well suited to their individual tasks.......not sure about the gaming mode as I haven't had a PS for a wee while.

Not had a chance to watch a full movie yet, but did watch a few mins of Iron Man and the movie setting did not disappoint, no it won't be as good as a full on surround with speakers all around you, but does it do its job? On first impressions, Yes, and it does it very well.

Good bass with built in sub woofers that can be controlled separately from the main volume. Very good idea imo, it will let you set it up just the way you like it.
It has the option of connecting a seperate woofer........you will not need to, trust me.

A helluva lot of bang for your buck imo, I reckon these will be flying off the shelf. You'll listen to a demo and you will buy it I reckon.

:cheers: I'll be paying them a visit :thup:.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Took a wander round to RS at lunch today, just for a nosey you understand... walked out having ordered a set of Dali Ikon 6 MK2s to replace my ageing Zensor 5's.
Very pure sound, look amazing with a dark oak cabinet and gloss black front around Dali's iconic red drivers. Should get them early next week.

I need to resist the urge to visit that shop.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site

As I am looking for a sound box I will most definitely have a look and listen. I will struggle to get a new TV past the treasurer at the moment but might succeed with this as it will tidy up 'messy dangly wires' I have feeding the TV through my (not so very - but not too bad) Hi-Fi - - and that is a pretty strong selling point for me to use :)

C

c1973

Took a wander round to RS at lunch today, just for a nosey you understand... walked out having ordered a set of Dali Ikon 6 MK2s to replace my ageing Zensor 5's.
Very pure sound, look amazing with a dark oak cabinet and gloss black front around Dali's iconic red drivers. Should get them early next week.

I need to resist the urge to visit that shop.

Were those the ones on the left hand side as you walked in the door? Just before the two and a half grand Cyrus amp?? :)

Last edited:

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Were those the ones on the left hand side as you walked in the door? Just before the two and a half grand Cyrus amp?? :)

They had the Ikon 5s at the door. The 6s I had to order. But decided to cancel the order today...

Because I noticed they have the Opticon 6s available to order so have gone for them instead.

C

c1973

They had the Ikon 5s at the door. The 6s I had to order. But decided to cancel the order today...

Because I noticed they have the Opticon 6s available to order so have gone for them instead.

Sometimes you've just got to be good to yourself. :thup:

C

c1973

Absolutely... and not fully disclose how much they were to the wife :D

How are you getting on with your set up?

I'm lucky, mines is cool when it comes to spending cash.......a bit too cool! :)

I've only really got it on 'out the box' settings at the minute, I'll have a wee tinker over the weekend to get it just so. It sounded good blasting out The Stooges on you tube earlier though.

Ive not even got round to downloading the app you can use as a controller yet....or synced it with my Bluetooth.

It's exactly what I required for the living room. :thup:

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'm lucky, mines is cool when it comes to spending cash.......a bit too cool! :)

I've only really got it on 'out the box' settings at the minute, I'll have a wee tinker over the weekend to get it just so. It sounded good blasting out The Stooges on you tube earlier though.

Ive not even got round to downloading the app you can use as a controller yet....or synced it with my Bluetooth.

It's exactly what I required for the living room. :thup:

Brilliant, its great when you find just what you were after, especially audio kit. The Mrs would only go mad becsuse a couple of months ago I replaced the centre channel and main rear speakers with Dali Zensors and told her that was it complete, no more blah, blah...

But the Opticons are things of real beauty, thats my saving grace, when she sees them.

Sure I csn sell on the old Zensor 5s for a few bob as well.

C

c1973

Brilliant, its great when you find just what you were after, especially audio kit. The Mrs would only go mad becsuse a couple of months ago I replaced the centre channel and main rear speakers with Dali Zensors and told her that was it complete, no more blah, blah...

But the Opticons are things of real beauty, thats my saving grace, when she sees them.

Those are some damned fine speakers, lovely looking. Must be a cracking set up you've got.

I'm sure a nice meal and a pair of shoes will keep the missus sweet.....might need to be a Michelin star restaurant and a pair of Jimmy choose mind ye......

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site

envy, envy...:(

I struggled to have my better half release the funds for me to buy a wee pair of Dali Zensor 1s a few years back - she just won't have large speakers in our house and doesn't see point in spending money on such stuff.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
And so - my existing TV has developed a couple of pixel-failure black lines across the screen and whilst I may be able to get it fixed I think I will need a new TV. But I don't want one much bigger than 32" (maybe 36" max).

Yes - how yesterday - but TV does not dominate our lives and we don't want a TV to dominate any of our rooms. I'd rather have a good 32" TV and a soundbox (taking advice on that from earlier in this thread). Any thoughts?

Why would I look beyond this Panasonic

http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/panasonic/viera-tx32cs510b/pana-tx32cs510b

Or if we were OK to go a bit bigger and 4K HD

http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/panasonic/viera-tx40cx680b/pana-tx40cx680b

Though I have yet to fully appreciate what the above has over this one - £150 cheaper

http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/panasonic/viera-tx40cx400b/pana-tx40cx400b

Last edited:

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
And so - my existing TV has developed a couple of pixel-failure black lines across the screen and whilst I may be able to get it fixed I think I will need a new TV. But I don't want one much bigger than 32" (maybe 36" max).

Yes - how yesterday - but TV does not dominate our lives and we don't want a TV to dominate any of our rooms. I'd rather have a good 32" TV and a soundbox (taking advice on that from earlier in this thread). Any thoughts?

Why would I look beyond this Panasonic

http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/panasonic/viera-tx32cs510b/pana-tx32cs510b

Or if we were OK to go a bit bigger and 4K HD

http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/panasonic/viera-tx40cx680b/pana-tx40cx680b

Though I have yet to fully appreciate what the above has over this one - £150 cheaper

http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/panasonic/viera-tx40cx400b/pana-tx40cx400b

The more expensive one has full web browser capability and a better (quad core) processor.
Minor details if these are not features you would use but well worth the extra cost of you would IMO.

If you are not much of a TV user then the bottom one would do you [more than] fine and the image quality will be superb. Coupled with a decent sound unit it would be a good set up for any basic user.