Small spirit level

Kennysarmy

Visit site
Has anyone used a small spirit level to check they are addressing their putter with it properly level.

Just been on my putting mat for a bit and realised I may be ever so slightly toe up. Was thinking I could blue tack a small spirit level on the putter top when practicing to get it spot on.

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
It should be fairly simple to check if you are addressing it with it lying flush, first of all just stand the putter on the ground flush and then address without moving the putter. Does it feel strange ? Video on your phone or use a mirror, the first method will give you a very good indication

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Just like with the irons it is your dynamic impact position that is important...not the static position at address. The putting stroke might appear at first glance to be really simple but many folk would be surprised at the difference between address and impact positions.

A session on a SAM PuttLab system with someone who knows how to interpret the stats can reveal some very interesting things.

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Although the hi-tec stuff will be more accurate, I reckon the high frame setting on your phone will tell you enough info to be going on with. You might be surprised at other aspects of your stroke - people don't often video their putting stroke. I did last year and was as appalled by it as I always am by my full swing. It's an interesting exercise.

** edit - you put up the vid as I was typing this!!

** edit 2 - I'm no pro, but the follow through looks a bit odd to me. On the upside, the putter looked pretty flat at address!!

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Here is ricky. If you type in 'worms eye putting stroke' to youtube you'll get any number. Might be worth looking for someone else with a two ball