Slow Play

1822cullie

Visit site
I'm new to this forum so would like to know your thoughts.
I feel that tour players are very very good however they take so long on the greens that its tiresome, i feel that caddies should be banned from the greens apart from holding the flag. this will speed up play and also the player with the best all-round game will prevail, some of them rely so much on their caddy when green reading its ridiculous.
would like to know your thoughts

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
They play a different game to us mortals. I think they could play faster but any half decent director will cut from one group to another so that the TV viewer doesn't have to see all their faffing

HowlingGale

Head Pro
Visit site
Couldn't give two hoots about slow play on the Tele amongst players competing for millions of pounds. Only really becomes an issue later in the day when there's less action and even then I've got more to worry about.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Any one not round in 3 hours 20 should forfeit all prize money to a charity of their choice, and be banned from the tour for the next 6 months.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yes it does need a dressing.
The players of the future are watching the pros faffing around and will copy them as it’s the norm in their eyes.
They have changed lots of rules this year, changed the handicap system.
But they can’t / won’t sort slow play out.

brickie

Medal Winner
Visit site
Wait until your clubs next monthly stableford when your stuck behind a group putting out for 9 for 6 for 1 point!! If you want to know what slow is. Medals.....don't even go there.

1822cullie

Visit site
Thanks for all your posts, even the guys who don't give a crap unless it affects them, or think its a tv thing!!!!!!!
let me put a scenario to you, you play a guy in the final of your most prestigious matchplay at your club, you've played with him before and he is a good player however he is crap on the greens. He turns up with a caddy who reads all his greens for him and thrashes you because of this, How do you feel?

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Thanks for all your posts, even the guys who don't give a crap unless it affects them, or think its a tv thing!!!!!!!
let me put a scenario to you, you play a guy in the final of your most prestigious matchplay at your club, you've played with him before and he is a good player however he is crap on the greens. He turns up with a caddy who reads all his greens for him and thrashes you because of this, How do you feel?

It's within the rules, so fine.

ExRabbit

Club Champion
Visit site
I'm new to this forum so would like to know your thoughts.
I feel that tour players are very very good however they take so long on the greens that its tiresome, i feel that caddies should be banned from the greens apart from holding the flag. this will speed up play and also the player with the best all-round game will prevail, some of them rely so much on their caddy when green reading its ridiculous.
would like to know your thoughts, even though I will disregard them later if they don't align with mine.

fyp