Slope rating.

Ssshank

Visit site
What was the SSS/CR

Were those winning scores from 22-24 cappers?

For their division, but weren't the overall winners.

Not sure as the WHS system isn't allowing me to see those rounds atm, I'm fairly certain it hovered between 69-71 par is 72

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
A rangefinder with slope technology makes it easier for you to calculate the distance and the degree of elevation to the flagstick. This will help you pick up the right club according to the slope and yardage if you are playing in an uphill or downhill area.

Provided you are not using it in a competition or preregistered round, in which case it will get you DQd.

Last edited:

Ssshank

Visit site
You are only looking at the winners! The Slope system is likely to more rapidly adjust consistent improvers! And 'a good bunch' means sod-all really! How was the spread? Presumably, 'a good bunch' were outside buffer too!

My course is just a tad higher Slope (141 with CR 72.6 1 over Par - like SSS). It certainly has plenty of danger for Bogey players, but plenty of scope for 'great' rounds to be had by high-cappers too!

Btw. That's one of the reasons for comps to be played in 'Divisions'!

Q2 was 1 under.

D

Deleted member 3432

A rangefinder with slope technology makes it easier for you to calculate the distance and the degree of elevation to the flagstick. This will help you pick up the right club according to the slope and yardage if you are playing in an uphill or downhill area.
Welcome..

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
The median was -1 net.
An 'easy day' for high-cappers then!
As i posted...why comps are most often played in Divisions!
And remember...Those comps were 'old money' ones - pre slope implementation! So not really anything to do with Slope per se! If anything, it simply suggests that 'old style' ratings (perhaps of initial handicaps) was somewhat flawed! Provided players are honest and consistent, their Index is likely to adjust more rapidly under Slope than old style!