Slipped Disc

Mandofred

Visit site
Typical me.....pulled my inversion table out of the attic where it's been for 3 months or so and got on....and did a little too much. Back tender now right where my bulging discs were, I gave something a stretch it wasn't used to and it's letting me know...not pain, but the ligaments/muscles know something has happened. Let's me know that I need to keep this table where I can use it at least once a day even if my back feels fine. The muscles right around the discs wouldn't quite relax completely.....it may take another day or two before that happens.

Robin Hood

Visit site
If appropriate, buy a lumbar cushion. They allow you to sit comfortably with the right posture. Don’t cross your legs. Take ibuprofen (if you can) and keep moving.
See a physio or osteopath to get the best exercise routine.
Oh - and eat mince pies.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
You've seen me swing, I'm at 3/4 already. I daren't go shorter ?

Pfft
I had my spine ripped out through a hole they cut in my neck and replaced with an old Rowenta kettle flex circa 1986 and held in place by the contents of a packet of giant beef hula hoops to replace the vertebrae, and I was swinging the 8 Iron ¾ by dinner time !

(seriously though; get well soon) (y)

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Pfft
I had my spine ripped out through a hole they cut in my neck and replaced with an old Rowenta kettle flex circa 1986 and held in place by the contents of a packet of giant beef hula hoops to replace the vertebrae, and I was swinging the 8 Iron ¾ by dinner time !

(seriously though; get well soon) (y)
Yeah, but I'm not a Yorkshireman :LOL:.

Cheers

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Im not going to tell you what happened to me, coz itll put you off treatment

Just be careful about any form of intervention, especially pain relief injections, make sure you know the risks

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
First session on an inversion table today.

Last session on an inversion table today ??.

That was a very unpleasant experience. Head went all over the place, cold sweat started. I was only tipped once for about 30 seconds as well ?. We immediately decided it was not for me and went for plan B.

Fair play to those who can handle that. Two hours later and I'm still not right.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Find a local Thai woman doing proper Traditional Massage.
Jokes out the way first, none of the happy ending stuff.
If she's approaching middle age and strong as a wrestler, she's the one who will fix you.
We have one in my town. I hadn't thought of her for this, thought it would need something else. Thanks, I'll look in to that.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Look on the bright side M'lud, you'll be ideal for playing Richard the 3rd :whistle:. Take care pal and keep your chins up, could have been a lot worse news, impersonating one of our global moderators. :eek::devilish:

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
We have one in my town. I hadn't thought of her for this, thought it would need something else. Thanks, I'll look in to that.

I had a Thai massage in Thailand a couple of years ago. Started off very very nicely. Then She used her elbows, sweet mother and flippin mary. It was bloody agony. If Orchid is gonna be let loose on your back insist on no elbows. If she says “she love you long time”. Make your excuses and get the next bus home ?

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

How are we feeling now? I've been in awful pain this last 8 weeks. Been to see a physio on Monday and he thinks I have a slipped disc or some kind of protrusion. Either way I'm in a bad way. The prescribed tablets aren't really cutting the mustard either.

Hope you can tell me there is light at the end of the tunnel.

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
How are we feeling now? I've been in awful pain this last 8 weeks. Been to see a physio on Monday and he thinks I have a slipped disc or some kind of protrusion. Either way I'm in a bad way. The prescribed tablets aren't really cutting the mustard either.

Hope you can tell me there is light at the end of the tunnel.

What meds are you on ?

www.hiltonpark.net
I had a pretty bad slipped disc a number of years ago and through the private med insurance through my employer only suffered for about a month until I had a Wallis implant. Best thing ever, recovery was pretty quick considering and touch wood I've hot had a peep out of it for 10+ years.