Slipped Disc

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
After 12 sessions I no longer have the symptons of a slipped disc. Unfortunately I still have the pain of a slipped disk! Mmmmmm. Person I was seeing has advised I need to continue with the stretching, improve core strength but actual sessions are no longer of value. At least they are not looking for more money.

I've spoken to my doctor today and they have booked me in to speak to a physio there. They will then decide whether to refer me to a specific musculoskeletal set up or whether exercises will actually be enough. The doctor is also prescribing stronger painkillers as ibuprofen is not making any difference. Perhaps I should have done this in the first place.

@GreiginFife how is your back doing?

Was this meant for me?

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Great news. Anything in particular make the difference?

Nothing of any great significance. Just a gradual easing but very noticeable this last week. Had 2 great days followed by 2 days that seemed to regress a bit but overall moving in the right direction.

Certainly lifted my mood too.

Beginning to believe that full recovery is on the way. For a while I thought my back was done and that's it.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Great news. Anything in particular make the difference?

I did have a sports massage last monday. He seemed to shift the pain from the middle of my lower back to my left side. If anything it felt worse for a day or two but then started to feel better.

It could just be a coincidence along with time as I had the same treatment before Christmas with zero effect then.

HarrogateHacker

Visit site
I’ve slipped a disc in the past and have had issues with bulging discs, etc every now and again since. I was given a stretching routine as well as some little exercises that do make a difference- kind of aim to pull my belly button into my spine and hold it, release repeat - it apparently strengthens the little muscles that hold the discs in place - And I can do it anywhere anytime, it progresses to slightly more difficult ways of doing the same thing on hands and knees, various limbs being raised whilst you do it. It worked for me

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Watched a short youtube Pathe News piece on the 1968 Scottish Cup Final. Dunfermline beat Hearts 3-1 in front of 56,500. Reporter mentioned the crowd as being the lowest crowd ever for a Scottish Cup Final. Thing that amazed me watching was that old Hampden still looked pretty full...and we know it was only just over 1/3rd full :eek:

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Watched a short youtube Pathe News piece on the 1968 Scottish Cup Final. Dunfermline beat Hearts 3-1 in front of 56,500. Reporter mentioned the crowd as being the lowest crowd ever for a Scottish Cup Final. Thing that amazed me watching was that old Hampden still looked pretty full...and we know it was only just over 1/3rd full :eek:
Did it ease the pain in your back? I haven't tried this method, I'll look it up :LOL:

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Wee update.

Things were going well until Wednesday morning this week. Standing on a towel in the morning drying my feet and felt a right twinge in the back. Felt like I'd set myself back a week or so in recovery. Walked round in a fair bit of pain for 2 days.
Shows Im still a bit off and there could be more ups and downs along the way.

Hope the rest of you are doing ok.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Wee update.

Things were going well until Wednesday morning this week. Standing on a towel in the morning drying my feet and felt a right twinge in the back. Felt like I'd set myself back a week or so in recovery. Walked round in a fair bit of pain for 2 days.
Shows Im still a bit off and there could be more ups and downs along the way.

Hope the rest of you are doing ok.
Yes why are our feet so far away from our hands?;)
Not good when you get a set back.
Take it easy.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I have suffered with back pain for a long time, not helped much by the many years I played squash a number of times a week. I have to say that since I have stopped sitting at a desk for many hours a day my back has improved a lot and I get very few severe bouts of back pain.