Skycaddie - sneaky beaky

billyg

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Just renewed my Skycaddie Birdy package to find that it will not expire exactly twleve months after I bought it but twleve months after the first day in the year I registered it originally.(e.g. it was originally set up in mid-May about five years ago and will therefore run out next mid-May rather than twelve months from yesterday)

I guess they're working on the assumption that people will register every year on the button but I've just had about a two year lay-off and was disappointed to find that I've lost about five weeks off my year straight off.

It's not the cheapest way to get on-course GPS anymore and about five years of licence matches the intial hardware costs. Ive no doubt they are amongst the best and that comes at a price but this is just taking the Michael

billyg

billyg

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I've just renewed mine 2 weeks after it was due, and the renewal date for next year is 25th May 2012 so I think there must be some error in the renewal process for yours? Would be worth an email for an explanation!

Thank you. I will find out and report back

billyg

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
Skycaddie are up to some pretty mean sharp practice. i.i.r.c. if you renew your package, it won't matter to them if you've missed a few months, it'll be retrospectively dated for when it expired. It sound like you are suffering from the same type of problem. You need to contact them (email) and ask for the full 12 months. Be nice, and then if they won't play ball, don't be nice.
I'm a little confused as to the whole yearly sub thing. There are other products on the market which have different arrangements. I'm simply paying mine on the due date and accepting the cost, a bit like car tax on one of my cars which often sits unused for a while. Car tax can be SORN, whereas skycaddie have simply set it all up to be non-flexible.
Go get 'em.

billyg

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Got onto Skycaddie and to cut a long story short it's been sorted out.

Quick, easy, done straight away. Very polite and efficient.

Still haven't quite got a clue why it happened but suggest it was as above- because there had been a lapse in my contracts.

Suggest anyone that finds themselves in a similar position calls them up. If you're not sure check the Skycaddie tab whilst in the Caddiesync application (with your unit hooked up to the computer) which will tell you when your contract is due to expire then go to the account tab and log in which will tell you the date of your last renewal.

You're looking for a discrepency off less than 12 months between these two dates (I'm assuming that it works the same on all platforms and I'm coming from it as a Mac user in this instance)

They just whacked on another month for me so I've ended up with a few days extra - free.

Nice to get something sorted out for once without having to rant and rave.

Job done

billyg