Sky Caddie

JamieT1977

Medal Winner
Visit site
Hi,

I have been thinking about buying a sky caddie,
I,ve noticed there are a few models and makes out there now, Is there a big differance between the ones under 200 to the sky caddies at 300+?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Basically you have the new SGX which has an overview of the hole and can keep stats (I think from memory). The next version down at around £230-250 is the SC5 which is basically a colour version of the SC2.5 which is around £130-£150

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I have the basic one (2.5) and it does everything I need it to. If I'm playing a course for the first time I'll normally get a strokesaver so I'll know the layout of the holes

nulassilb

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I have basic 2.5. More than enough info - very accurate and works well. Only downside is annual fee. Really useful when playing an unfamiliar course.

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
2.5 - will do all you need for info on distances. Black/white screen.

5 - gives a little more info about hole layout with it's Beta software and has a colour screen but possibly - (my guess and not based on any facts) may be soon phased out.

SGX - all singing, all dancing model that, according to a recent purchaser at my club, doesn't yet have the software to work properly (at our place anyway).

Basic model - tried and tested - will do what you need.

pablo123

Club Champion
Visit site
I also have the 2.5 and it's good for distance measuring an finding out distances to carry water, bunkers etc... Be good if you could see where hazards and stuff were though. The new sgX now that is a weapon, you can put all you're stats in and you can put in how far you hit you're irons and it tells you what you'll need, although you know already and it might not be useful as you could be down wind or into the wind. The pro at my club was telling me about it and it's some piece of kit. He sells them for £299

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Try the Sonnocaddie V300
Cheaper than the SC5
Smaller than the SC5
No yearly Subs
More info than the SC5

sc.jpg

PeteC

Visit site
I Have an SC5 which, as previous respondents have said, is the middle of the range (used to be the top but new model just released).

My SC5 has a colour screen and 'Intelligent Green' software which means that if you're coming in from the side of the green the display shows you the green from your angle of approach (including depth of green etc). However, it only works if the course has been mapped recently (otherwise Intelligent green feature isn't available.

I've had a look at the new, super, duper model and it looks better again than my SC5/

Major irritation - annual subscription of £30 to download courses... Other than that very pleased with my SC5.

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
And, the Skycaddie is giving you the info about distances on the green whereas the sono whatsit is giving far too much info from the tee ...

:D :D