Skechers

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
Has anyone had problems with skechers? models newer than around two years old? The reason I ask is because I've always been a fan but my last 4 pairs (in the last 18 months have:
Split at the side
Leaking under the toes
Sole come away from the shoe
Leaking under the toes

All 4 have been the premium model too.
I was just wondering if I've just been incredibly unlucky (in which case I'll get some more). Or is this common all of a sudden.

Mandofred

Visit site
I stopped buying FJ for the same reason. I think I had 3 pair of pretty expensive shoes die right at 1 year....sole separation, cracked on the sides etc. I've only had a couple of pair of Skechers, but so far they have been fine. The only semi-complaint I have is that the first pair were spiked with a bit of a pointed toe, the spike-less pair I bought were more running shoe looking and just barely fit with a more rounded toe. I just need to buy the rounded toe design a half size larger next time.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yes. My Skechers golf shoes lasted about 8 or 9 months before several of the spikes had broken and the material across the toe had a rip in it, plus one of the Boa discs had an insert that kept popping out. It was a shame because they were very comfortable.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Has anyone had problems with skechers? models newer than around two years old? The reason I ask is because I've always been a fan but my last 4 pairs (in the last 18 months have:
Split at the side
Leaking under the toes
Sole come away from the shoe
Leaking under the toes

All 4 have been the premium model too.
I was just wondering if I've just been incredibly unlucky (in which case I'll get some more). Or is this common all of a sudden.
I think you have enough data of your own to confirm they are rubbish!
I used to always buy FJ but my last 3 pairs have been Adidas, all excellent.

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
I think you have enough data of your own to confirm they are rubbish!
I used to always buy FJ but my last 3 pairs have been Adidas, all excellent.
I went away from adidas because they always wore a hole at the heel. Gonna try UA I think

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I went away from adidas because they always wore a hole at the heel. Gonna try UA I think

I used their original Boost 360 tours which had the material heel, most comfy shoe on the market IMHO but like you they always wore. When they relaunched the 2,0 it had a leather heel which I was convinced was the answer to the problem, half seasons golf and the leather heel has worn through… GUTTED!

Was looking at sketchers but this thread has me second guessing this decision.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Never understood the hole in the heel thing. I've got a pair of 30 quid walking shoes from sports direct. I've walked millions of miles in them. No hole in back of heel and they look like new. Seeing as we can now wear spikeless, we might as well just buy walking shoes. They are comfier as well.

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
Never understood the hole in the heel thing. I've got a pair of 30 quid walking shoes from sports direct. I've walked millions of miles in them. No hole in back of heel and they look like new. Seeing as we can now wear spikeless, we might as well just buy walking shoes. They are comfier as well.
It's a problem that's plagued adidas for years. It either happens to you or it doesn't. Very strange

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
@hovis , I know and the most stupidest thing is they make sports shoes! Their boost are amazing shoes if they could only fix that heel issue. It’s a problem I haven’t experienced with Nike, footjoy, puma but unfortunate neither were as comfy.

The quest for the perfect shoe to fit a wonky big toe continues

Mandofred

Visit site
It's ridiculous isn't it? Under £100 is seen as a 'cheap' pair of golf shoes. Yet I would baulk at paying that for 'work' shoes!
I used to run a lot....well, now I'm old and getting fat but I still walk a lot. A little arthritis in my big toes mean I like really soft forefoots in my shoes. I've been buying Hoka Cliftons.....around £125. It just is what it is. I've tried several of the more expensive golf shoes, they just haven't lasted. I get similar comfort and at least as long of wear out of golf shoes in that £80 range. The last pair of Skechers I bought are spikeless and are just "ok"...I also have a pair of spiked Skechers which are a little more comfortable. I always assumed spikeless would be a little more cushioned and comfortable....

**haha....I had to check the sports shoe site to see what the latest cost for those Hoka Clifton 8's were.....there was one dorky colour on sale for just under £75. I bought 2 pair!!

Last edited: