Skechers

greenone

Visit site
I bought pair of sketchers a year ago, the pro replaced them after 6 months, the replacements lasted 4 months. Won't be buying them again.

Last edited:

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Yea my sketchers only lasted about 15 rounds, split in the uppers, as someone else said it’s a shame as there very comfy.

I’ve always used FJ and never had a problem

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
@hovis , I know and the most stupidest thing is they make sports shoes! Their boost are amazing shoes if they could only fix that heel issue. It’s a problem I haven’t experienced with Nike, footjoy, puma but unfortunate neither were as comfy.

The quest for the perfect shoe to fit a wonky big toe continues
Couldn't agree more. I just find it amazing how NASA engineers can land a probe on a asteroid moving 10,000mph but adidas can't make a shoe that doesn't wear at the heel ?‍♂️

Tinkerman

Visit site
I used their original Boost 360 tours which had the material heel, most comfy shoe on the market IMHO but like you they always wore. When they relaunched the 2,0 it had a leather heel which I was convinced was the answer to the problem, half seasons golf and the leather heel has worn through… GUTTED!

Was looking at sketchers but this thread has me second guessing this decision.
I've got the old xt 360 boost with material heel and phoned the local cobbler to see if he could repair them. He said he could only do them if they were leather heels so you might want to try your local cobbler first before giving up on them.
I've cut away the material and stuck some moleskin inside but not sure that's going to last long.
I bought some Skechers Go Golf Max recently but have found them half a size too big and too squishy. They feel comfortable but out on the course they just don't feel very stable. They are very breathable though so maybe that's the trade off?

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Read this a week back and was Going to comment that I’d had zero issues.

Just noticed my mojo punch blah blah’s has torn a seam in the inner heal.

14 months old and thought They had a 2 year guarantee. It’s only bloody 1 year.

Arse.

Still the comfiest shoes though.

Wildrover

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Won't buy anything other than Skechers now. Never had any issues with them and they're so comfy. What are people doing with them to make them fail so quickly, trekking to the north Pole. Had one pair 3 years and they're still fine.

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
Won't buy anything other than Skechers now. Never had any issues with them and they're so comfy. What are people doing with them to make them fail so quickly, trekking to the north Pole. Had one pair 3 years and they're still fine.
My older ones (older than 2 years) are still going strong. After that I'm on my fourth swap of shoes.

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I had a pair bought for me for Christmas, first wore them in March (wanted to keep them for nicer weather), by June the upper was coming away from the sole. Fortunately snainton golf agreed to exchange them and so I paid a bit extra to upgrade to some more expensive Skechers hoping for better quality. A few rounds in and I’ve had 3 blisters on my big toe, the current one is a big bugger full of fluid, so I’m done with them, won’t be buying Skechers again. Never had blisters in 45 years!

I’ve emailed Skechers to see what they say, unlikely to get any sort of refund because they’ve been worn and they’re not faulty as such. Problem with buying any shoe is that they might feel fine walking around the shop/house but you don’t really now until you’ve properly worn them, by which time it’s too late.

I didn’t even find them that comfortable really, no better than other brands I’ve had. Will stick to adidas from now on I think.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
What I’ve realised is weight, the way you walk, the way you swing etc will all be relevant to the way a shoe wears.

So I’m going back to flip flops!

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
I have Skechers, shoes and golf shoes, with no problem. Sometimes shoes don't suit people. Some people swear by Ecco, but I've never found a pair comfortable on me.
Quality wise though, my Skechers golf shoes have been fine and I've had them for years, and wear them in all weathers.

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
What is
I have Skechers, shoes and golf shoes, with no problem. Sometimes shoes don't suit people. Some people swear by Ecco, but I've never found a pair comfortable on me.
Quality wise though, my Skechers golf shoes have been fine and I've had them for years, and wear them in all weathers.
What's your newest pair of golf skechers shoes? All of my pre 2020 shoes have been excellent with no issues at all. Post 2020 not so much (4 pairs in a row now) ?

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I had a pair bought for me for Christmas, first wore them in March (wanted to keep them for nicer weather), by June the upper was coming away from the sole. Fortunately snainton golf agreed to exchange them and so I paid a bit extra to upgrade to some more expensive Skechers hoping for better quality. A few rounds in and I’ve had 3 blisters on my big toe, the current one is a big bugger full of fluid, so I’m done with them, won’t be buying Skechers again. Never had blisters in 45 years!

I’ve emailed Skechers to see what they say, unlikely to get any sort of refund because they’ve been worn and they’re not faulty as such. Problem with buying any shoe is that they might feel fine walking around the shop/house but you don’t really now until you’ve properly worn them, by which time it’s too late.

I didn’t even find them that comfortable really, no better than other brands I’ve had. Will stick to adidas from now on I think.

Have to give full credit to Snainton golf here.

I emailed Skechers to have a bit of a moan, copied Snainton in to ask for proof of purchase and that I know they can’t do anything as they’ve been worn etc. They replied more or less straight away saying that they’ll replace them FOC! So I’ve gone for some adidas codechaos.

Fair play to them.

Fabia999

Visit site
I have the Sketcher GoGolf Boas. Love them, were so comfortable when i first got them but the way I walk has really ruined the memory foam, I think it has memory loss now. The inside has worn away and the tops are starting to go. The clip on the boa wind up has fallen off on both shoes too.

I'll still consider another pair of these when I soon need to upgrade.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have the Sketcher GoGolf Boas. Love them, were so comfortable when i first got them but the way I walk has really ruined the memory foam, I think it has memory loss now. The inside has worn away and the tops are starting to go. The clip on the boa wind up has fallen off on both shoes too.

I'll still consider another pair of these when I soon need to upgrade.
Yeah they sound like the ones I had. So comfortable but shocking quality. I have Skechers trainers that I wear casually though and they're really good. I guess their shoes are just not hard-wearing enough for golf.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
golf shoes do get hammer but across the whole market they appear to be rubbish.

adidas. Heal rubs away or your heal rubs away. Great arch support though.
FJs used to be my go to but I’ve had them replace so many over the last year due to the soles coming off
nikes always used to leak after 6 months

in fact, the comfiest and most reliable footwear I’ve had are my suburb winter boots but they a bit too heavy and insulated for these conditions ???

I might try Puma