Sim computer; ES12

What do you think?

Think its big enough?

Just something to keep me ticking over and a few readings of spin etc

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
My ceiling is 8' and I can't make a full swing with a 7 iron and I'm only 5'8"

The ES12 doesn't measure spin. If it gives it it's calculated.

Sweep

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I built one. You need at least 10' height and a short throw projector. I don't think you can link an ES12 to a projector but I might be wrong?
You need a 3m cube cage net minimum and it's worth investing in a good mat.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I would say the ceiling is too low but to be honest I wouldn't bother, especially with and ES12/14 as I'm not sure they give enough and accurate data and I'd prefer to watch the ball flight etc on a range anyway. That said I admire the dedication

simmb

Club Champion
Visit site
Protee recommended sizes for setting up a sim room

• Length: 5.8 meter / 19 feet
 0.34 inch
  • Width: 4.3 meter / 14 feet
 1.29 inch
  • Height: 3.1 meter / 10 feet 2.04 inch

You can probably get away with less on the width if you don't need to accommodate both left and right handed players. And as Homer mentioned you are not going to get that far with the ES12/14. You need to be looking at Skytrak, GC2, ES16, protee etc.

kerber0s1983

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I had considered the same in my garage, i had 7ft 10in height, and tried swing an old 4 iron - and there was not enough height and i'm 5ft 10

That was without a mat on the floor, so you lose another inch or 2 as well.

I can't remember the width of the top of my head, and it felt a bit tight for swinging a driver, plus the up and over door cuts down the length to the screen/net as well

I still wish i could fit something in my garage as it would save the hour round trip to the range before i've hit any balls.

I might still extend it yet for other things but if i did i would make sure a sim fitted!

Grieve14

Head Pro
Visit site
I am currently setting something up in my garage. It has a just over an 8 foot high ceiling - I know I cant swing a driver etc but I can swing up to a 7/6 iron which is fine for what I want it for. I will post up some pictures in the next few days once it is complete.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I am currently setting something up in my garage. It has a just over an 8 foot high ceiling - I know I cant swing a driver etc but I can swing up to a 7/6 iron which is fine for what I want it for. I will post up some pictures in the next few days once it is complete.
Started to think about this, asked my Dad about dropping the floor and he said the limit would be the ground works so estimated that another 400mm could be found.

turkish

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
With the cost of dropping the floor etc, surely a wooden built box with a sloping roof in the garden (if it's big enough) would be just as cheap / expensive?

I've often thought of this as my sister just had this done as she had a unit built for her cake making business but it's only 8 feet high. does anyone know the dimensions allowed before you start having to have planning permission?

simmb

Club Champion
Visit site
I've often thought of this as my sister just had this done as she had a unit built for her cake making business but it's only 8 feet high. does anyone know the dimensions allowed before you start having to have planning permission?

Roof height is probably your biggest issue. Think if the building is less than 2 metres from a boundary the maximum roof height is 2.5 meters. More than 2 meters away from a boundary you can have a pitched roof up to 4 metres. Size wise you can't go above 50% of the land that came with the house, you also have to include other outbuildings in that 50% as well. I have not looked for a while so rules on permitted development may have changed so worth checking online.