Silly questions

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
But it’s a question? and possibly a silly one as somebody might be able to explain the point of them? ?
Just because you’ve had a telling off for one of your posts ?
Sorry you misunderstood, you questioned the need/value of remote control trolleys - I don’t see the point of them and actually find them a bit irritating so suggested the same thing could or might well already be answered under the Golf Random Irritations thread. My comment was nothing to do with me being pulled up for previously posting a comment not specific to the thread.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Oh you are right - I didn’t spot that...will go reset it. Ty.

done - no idea how that was set as I have never been into that Preferences Page. Oh - green triangle is still there.
Can’t get rid of the green triangle - checked a couple of times that I’ve now got ‘show online status’ checked - and I’ve logged out and back in again. Ah hold on - the green triangle shows I’m online...doh...?

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Sorry you misunderstood, you questioned the need/value of remote control trolleys - I don’t see the point of them and actually find them a bit irritating so suggested the same thing could or might well already be answered under the Golf Random Irritations thread. My comment was nothing to do with me being pulled up for previously posting a comment not specific to the thread.
My mate has a problem with his wrist if he bends it a certain way.
He has found that with a remote control trolley it takes all the pressure of his wrist.
It makes the game better for him.
But for most it’s just a gimmick.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Oh you are right - I didn’t spot that...will go reset it. Ty.

done - no idea how that was set as I have never been into that Preferences Page. Oh - green triangle is still there.
I thought the green triangle showed that you were online? If it's showing then you are not 'hiding'. Incidentally, this was a revelation to most on here, as that thread showed.

SaintStu

Visit site
Afternoon,

This may sound silly but if I ordered a set of custom fitted golf clubs and for instance the 7 iron loft was originally 30 degrees but in the fitting I purchased 2 degrees upright or 2 degrees flat, does that then mean the loft of the 7 iron is either 28 or 32 degrees depending if it was upright or flat, or would it remain at 30 degrees?

Hope that makes sense!

Cheers

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Afternoon,

This may sound silly but if I ordered a set of custom fitted golf clubs and for instance the 7 iron loft was originally 30 degrees but in the fitting I purchased 2 degrees upright or 2 degrees flat, does that then mean the loft of the 7 iron is either 28 or 32 degrees depending if it was upright or flat, or would it remain at 30 degrees?

Hope that makes sense!

Cheers

Hi there, easy misconception if you don’t know the lingo. This is the lie angle, it doesn’t alter the loft of the club

5140FC56-7EF3-436D-AFE1-95AD6CAEB4EA.jpeg

NedPizza

Visit site
Thanks very much Curls, the lingo goes way over my head most of the time! Got a new putter for Christmas and its got a sticker that says slight ark on the shaft.... haven't a clue so just try to put the ball in the hole
Hi SaintStu, you're right about the lingo. Things have changed so much over the last 20 years.
When I started I just bought a half set from the PRO and later added to it. That set did me well over 15 years of play.

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Thanks very much Curls, the lingo goes way over my head most of the time! Got a new putter for Christmas and its got a sticker that says slight ark on the shaft.... haven't a clue so just try to put the ball in the hole

Slight arc refers to the putting stroke and the movement of the putter head as it goes back then through. Depending on who you listen to it makes a difference but the saying goes a good putter could hole out with a brush. As long as you’re happy it’s not the putters fault you should be able to hole putts. Too many of us get tempted by new tech that claims to solve problems but imo 95% of putting is between your ears. Well, mine is anyway. If my mind is in the right place when I’m over the ball it’s got a great chance of going in. If it isn’t it has no chance at all ?

1071A35A-F50F-4071-A52D-EF51FAAACC9A.jpeg

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Slight arc refers to the putting stroke and the movement of the putter head as it goes back then through. Depending on who you listen to it makes a difference but the saying goes a good putter could hole out with a brush. As long as you’re happy it’s not the putters fault you should be able to hole putts. Too many of us get tempted by new tech that claims to solve problems but imo 95% of putting is between your ears. Well, mine is anyway. If my mind is in the right place when I’m over the ball it’s got a great chance of going in. If it isn’t it has no chance at all ?

View attachment 35171
Hopefully this works...

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site

View attachment 35171
Have a look at Bobby Locke putting - you won’t then need to worry too much about the sort of putting stroke you have ? you’ll decide that you just need to practice what you’ve got and you’ll do alright...?