Silloth on Solway

• Thread starter Deleted member 3432
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 17920

Great pictures of a fantastic course.

Really need another trip to Silloth at some point.

Would like to play it twice instead of the usual one round with a hangover.

D

Deleted member 3432

Great pictures of a fantastic course.

Really need another trip to Silloth at some point.

Would like to play it twice instead of the usual one round with a hangover.

Just remember the midweek green fee is the day rate so fill your boots and play 54 holes (y)

Just got to wait for normality to return......

huds1475

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The par 3 6th, an underated hole which always plays crosswind, beware the bunkers short

20200520-155608.jpg
Having played 4 or 5 times now, this has settled as my favourite hole.

The challenge changes subtly with every condition change.

It's golf hole design gold.

We bumped into one of the natterjacks one day too. Very cool ?

The Lion

Visit site
Hi gents

New member on here alert!

I’ve been re-reading this thread and thought perhaps I could help you all along to return to Silloth.

So, tantalisingly winter green fees are £45 for a day the last two weeks of October, and just £35 for Winter until mid March. I’m very keen to go again and have another day, like I did in March just gone, plus do Southerness again, and maybe Powfoot too.

So if anyone is interested for the winter, it’d be good to chat.

Cheers
Paolo

D

Deleted member 3432

Hi gents

New member on here alert!

I’ve been re-reading this thread and thought perhaps I could help you all along to return to Silloth.

So, tantalisingly winter green fees are £45 for a day the last two weeks of October, and just £35 for Winter until mid March. I’m very keen to go again and have another day, like I did in March just gone, plus do Southerness again, and maybe Powfoot too.

So if anyone is interested for the winter, it’d be good to chat.

Cheers
Paolo

Book before the end of this month for next summer and you will pay this seasons rate of £60 for the day.

Latest accolade for the club.

https://www.nationalclubgolfer.com/ncgtop100s/specials/best-value-golf-courses-in-britain/

Reactions: Zig

toyboy54

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Great course,good challenge and very reasonably priced(plus the foods good).
If I can persuade the DVLA to give me my licence back then I'll pack the clubs when going down to see the family(they stay a few miles down the road).
May even get a game at Maryport--again a tricky course if wind is up--also good value(well was when last played).
Jimbo

Boomy

Visit site
7F5ECE99-F03F-4E22-B49C-EC518E358BED.jpeg
Taken this September on my favourite Par 3 hole! Just joined Silloth, and it’s an absolute privilege to be a member - if you haven’t played it yet you’re missing a real treat.

D

Deleted member 3432

View attachment 33456
Taken this September on my favourite Par 3 hole! Just joined Silloth, and it’s an absolute privilege to be a member - if you haven’t played it yet you’re missing a real treat.

Can't argue about any of that.

Appreciate the course more with each year I have been a member.

9th can be a touch difficult standing on the Blue tee with a 5 club wind in your face....

For those yet to the course there are couple of bunkers to the right of the green that you cannot see on this picture which you do not want to go in under any circumstances :ROFLMAO:

Boomy

Visit site
Can't argue about any of that.

Appreciate the course more with each year I have been a member.

9th can be a touch difficult standing on the Blue tee with a 5 club wind in your face....

For those yet to the course there are couple of bunkers to the right of the green that you cannot see on this picture which you do not want to go in under any circumstances :ROFLMAO:

I’ve just joined this year after a 10 year break from the beautiful game! It’s taking a bit of getting back into my swing but I’m loving every minute of Silloth ??‍♂️

I’ve not yet experienced the ‘5 club’ wind on the 9th yet, it’s been a wedge every time I’ve played... not looking forward to using a 5 iron on there ?

There’s are a few bunkers I’d rather not go back into ? and not missing the 4th green on the left or right is a good thing to do ? I learned the hard way!

It’s a course not to be missed, with a very warm welcome and a great meal in the bar after.

D

Deleted member 3432

I’ve just joined this year after a 10 year break from the beautiful game! It’s taking a bit of getting back into my swing but I’m loving every minute of Silloth ??‍♂️

I’ve not yet experienced the ‘5 club’ wind on the 9th yet, it’s been a wedge every time I’ve played... not looking forward to using a 5 iron on there ?

There’s are a few bunkers I’d rather not go back into ? and not missing the 4th green on the left or right is a good thing to do ? I learned the hard way!

It’s a course not to be missed, with a very warm welcome and a great meal in the bar after.

You can be hitting more than a 5 iron at times.

Hit a 3 iron once that was never seen again and we were not even off the back tee :eek:

4th is a classic case where course management comes into play. Out of position off the tee then seriously think of playing up short of the green leaving an easy chip rather than spending 10 minutes going from side to side. Toughest hole on the course when the wind switches to the north or east.

Great that you are enjoying getting back into it at such a great track.