Should I change my irons

Ian_Bristol

Head Pro
Visit site
Played with them twice now and must admit I am very happy with my game, even though I miss the Calaway sand wedge had a 12 on a par 3 today I just couldn't get the bloomin ball up the steep wall in the bunker lol!!.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Played with them twice now and must admit I am very happy with my game, even though I miss the Calaway sand wedge had a 12 on a par 3 today I just couldn't get the bloomin ball up the steep wall in the bunker lol!!.

Do you have the ball forward in your stance when playing bunker shots?

Ian_Bristol

Head Pro
Visit site
IIRC on a bunker with a high side I would play very open sideways stance with the ball nearer my right instep,normally I am a one shot out of the bunker person maybe it is because the Callaways had more whip in them,I shall practice with the air balls in the garden, I chip them into the kids 14ft trampoline enclosure.

Cernunnos

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I assume you open up the face of the wedge to gain more height?

Could you have played out sideways or out the back of the bunker? I know this last one is easy to say in hindsight as have fallen foul of trying to get out of a bunker that's been too deep to get out of forwards.

Ian_Bristol

Head Pro
Visit site
Hindsight on a golf course, we all have it but don't often use it, yes I should have played out to the side but after shot 3 it was me versus the bunker lol!!.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
the ball nearer my right instep,
Ian, if I may......are you right handed?
If so, by moving the ball near your right instep, you have de-lofted your SW losing height on the shot. Try moving the ball towards your Left instep and see if that gets it higher for you.

How would you cope out of here?

Photo-0091-1-1.jpg