Shots going straight left and low

Wolfman

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Been working on using my lower body to start the downswing and think DEAD ARMS and mostly the results are a massive improvement, however the odd shot flys low and straight left of target ?

I am sure this isnt a pull ( out to in ) as i have eliminated this with my better path using the lower body

Weight shift seems correct, grip same as normal, any ideas what this may be, i am guessing shoulders are closed at impact perhaps ??? but why the low shot ?

Help please !

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Your 'Duck Hooks' are happening when you are closing down the clubface too much. This hits the ball left and low.

A few things to try:

Make sure you are making a full shoulder turn. Taking the club back with the arms can close the face in the downswing.

At setup tilt your spine a little to the right. A level turn can bring the club down on a steep path that will close the face.

Make sure your grip is not too strong.

Last edited:

Wolfman

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Your 'Duck Hooks' are happening when you are closing down the clubface too much. This hits the ball left and low.

A few things to try:

Make sure you are making a full shoulder turn. Taking the club back with the arms can close the face in the downswing.

At setup tilt your spine a little to the right. A level turn can bring the club down on a steep path that will close the face.

Make sure your grip is not too strong.

Not sure if its a duck hook as it flys low and straight left no curve ?

Maybe it is a pull shot which i had in the past leaving weight on right leg

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Not sure if its a duck hook as it flys low and straight left no curve ?

Maybe it is a pull shot which i had in the past leaving weight on right leg

Duck or Snap hooks tend to go a short distance left and down into the ground. Not normally enough distance to curve.