Shot tracking devices

Springveldt

Visit site
Nope its 230 from the back and the gps was giving me 205-210 on the tee I was playing.
Strange. The watch is usually pretty accurate for me although I've noticed it can be a bit weird if it's a really cloudy day but that is an issue for all gps devices.

Yorkhacker

Visit site
Strange. The watch is usually pretty accurate for me although I've noticed it can be a bit weird if it's a really cloudy day but that is an issue for all gps devices.
As I mentioned, I've got a V3 and an H4. I take them out on the course together as the V3 track functionality has packed up, but it's quicker to use it to get distances than get the H4 out of my pocket.
Usually they show the same distances to the green and hazards. But occasionally, the V3 will be showing greater distances than the H4.
That would suggest it is something specific to the V3 functionality/gps rather than a general problem

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I think it was the detection of the shot that was inaccurate not the basic GPS function. I am happy with the watch as a GPS device and use it all the time.

Springveldt

Visit site
Just had an email from Shot Scope this morning about the new V5 for £200. Looks a lot like the X5 with onscreen hole map and colour screen but doubt I will be upgrading as the V3 still works fine for me.

If I was spending £200 on a golf watch I'd also want to wear it full time as a watch but I bought a Fitbit last week so use that as my everyday watch as well.

Biggleswade Blue

Head Pro
Visit site
I tried Arccos for a few months, using the link. Didn't miss main shots, but didn't always locate very accurately 0notiecable when I was in a bunker for example but Arccos had me outside the bunker), but missed bunker shots, and gentler chips and pitches around the greens. OPutting was abut of a uddle too, having to sort out the pin position on each hole. Getting those few things wrong meant the stats weren't as sharp as I would have liked and I found using it was a distraction when playing so in view of that, combined with the cost, abandoned it.

I really like the idea, but the execution felt to me like it was't robust enough.

PaulMdj

Visit site
When using any GPS on a golf course it’s worth remembering the following:

GPS-enabled smartphones are typically accurate to within a 4.9 m (16 ft.) radius under open sky. However, their accuracy worsens near buildings, bridges, and trees.

That’s why SkyCaddie tend to be a bit more accurate as they walk the courses they map and use real measurements to back up the GPS.