Short Golf Break Venues

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I've been asked by some mates to look into a short (1 or 2 nights) golf break in England, for sometime in October.

I've suggested St. Mellion because I loved it there but they aren't keen on driving that far to get there, so I was wondering where else the forum would recommend?

I've had a look on the internet and there's plenty of places that look 'nice', but nothing that really jumps out at me as being 'special'.

Brocket Hall may (?) be the exception as I remember good things being said on here about it.

Others that caught my eye were The Belfry (expensive), Forest Of Arden (not sure about second coursse) and Woodhall Spa (didn't live up to the hype for me).

Anywhere with 2 very very good courses? Handicaps closely matched going from 11 to 15.

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Woburn.

Not far, choice of 3 quality courses.

Robert's your Father's Brother........ :D :D

Certainly no issues on the course quality, but I can't see any stay & play packages on the website.
I've written asking but I fear it'll be a bit pricey if they do.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I was at Brocket Hall on friday, played the Palmerston and it is in fabulous condition.

Not the cheapest of venues, especially if staying unless you get a decent deal sorted.

If you dont go there on your trip but want a game there at some point let me know and Ill try and sort something out

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Look at Belmont Golf Club in Hereford. The Royal Forest of Dean Club in Gloucestershire. This one may be a bit far but is very good: Dartmouth Golf and Country Club.

oltimer

Assistant Pro
Visit site
google Ashbury and Manor House Okehampton, not everybodies cup of tea but 5 Courses and everything but your beer included.

full_throttle

Tour Winner
Visit site
not sure if it would suit your requirements, but Cleobury Mortimer have 27 holes and on site lodges that are avaliable for hire.

just had a peek myself and there is an all year round offer of 4 people 2 nights unlimited golf £380