Short game practice drills

mashleyR7

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hi,
I want to practice my short game more, 100 yards or so as well as chipping from the fringe, rough or chip and runs. Has anyone got any drills of routines that can share?

Cheers, Ash.

A

Alex1975

Its a hard one as there is so so so much that can happen from 100 years in and a 100 yard full shot is very different from a 10 yard chip, so its maybe not drills you need so much as a little program that covers a but of everything, full shots, half shots, pitching, chipping on different lies... and of course putting.

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
Not really a regime, i just pick a spot on the practice ground and dump my balls there, pick a flag to go for and then score each ball.

From longer range, 1 point for on green, 2 for within 10 yards, 3 for within 10ft and 5 points for tap ins. Aim to get over 60 points. never have, but thats the aim!

Then from the fringe, similar but tighter scoring zone, 1 point to within 8 yards, 2 for within 4, 3 for within a few feet and 5 for holing. Again, aim for 60 odd points.

I also do the same from practice bunkers..

m9wst

Head Pro
Visit site
When i practice my chipping i will use 5 golf balls, chip them all, get my putter and try to knock them all in, the idea being to to get up and down 5 times giving a score of 10, once i've achieved that i change clubs working from LW up to 8i. Seems to be working well for me. Best score so far is 8.

As for shots up to 100yds for me thats just about finding good yardage gaps and practicing them...lots.

Pretty sure i read this on here somewhere so thanks to whoever posted it.