Settle this for me - it's impossible right?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Saw this on a Facebook group.

Screenshot_20240604_091455_Facebook.jpg

To my mind that is physically impossible to end up there. Perhaps a billion to one chance - but I just don't buy it. They revealed on another comment that none of them saw it actually land there, they just walked up and found it like that. If they're not just on the wind up, I've argued that the most likely scenario is that some troublemaker placed it there and then scarpered before they saw him. Rather than the ball defying the laws of physics. They're adamant that wasn't it though. What do we think??

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 25575

Don’t believe everything you read on the internet; would be my advice

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Then why start a thread asking for it to be settled 🤣
Because the chap was adamant about it and I wanted confirmation that it was physically impossible! 😂 Not just that we don't think it happened, but that it's completely impossible to happen. Isn't it?

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Laws of physics would suggest that’s impossible. Momentum would not allow it to come to rest there unless it landed exceptionally softly with the aid of a parachute.

D

Deleted member 25575

Because the chap was adamant about it and I wanted confirmation that it was physically impossible! 😂 Not just that we don't think it happened, but that it's completely impossible to happen. Isn't it?
Urm… it is completely impossible… I’d say so. It could bounce and hit the top of the post, but it wouldn’t come to rest there the initial bounce would have some forward momentum (says it was hit from 100 out) with the firmness of the wood, any forward movement at all makes it impossible to hold on a surface that size.

sjw

Visit site
Saw this on a Facebook group.

View attachment 53589

To my mind that is physically impossible to end up there. Perhaps a billion to one chance - but I just don't buy it. They revealed on another comment that none of them saw it actually land there, they just walked up and found it like that. If they're not just on the wind up, I've argued that the most likely scenario is that some troublemaker placed it there and then scarpered before they saw him. Rather than the ball defying the laws of physics. They're adamant that wasn't it though. What do we think??

Absolute bull

LincolnShep

Head Pro
Visit site
Is it impossible? No.
Is it extremely unlikely? Yes, but unlikely things happen every day.
My money would be on someone placing it there, but that doesn't mean it's impossible.

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I don't think it's actually impossible, just so incredibly unlikely that it almost certainly got there via other means.

Hope whoever put it there is having a good chuckle at this, I know I would be.