Settle an argument.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
A player takes relief from standing water. Can he be expected to take his stance, after the drop, in standing water so that his stance is in standing water but his ball isn't?

Lump

Tour Winner
Visit site
A player takes relief from standing water. Can he be expected to take his stance, after the drop, in standing water so that his stance is in standing water but his ball isn't?

If you take relief I believe it has to be full relief. (But as always I'm happy to be corrected and learn the rule)

scratch

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Both answers above are correct...... you take FULL relief which means that neither the ball nor your feet are in standing water once you have taken your drop.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
Cheers all, sadly in this case Bozza was right. I had it in my head that a drop for standing water was nearest point of relief but the player could be standing in it.

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Both answers above are correct...... you take FULL relief which means that neither the ball nor your feet are in standing water once you have taken your drop.

Which is why it's always a good idea to see where your nearest point of relief is BEFORE you mark and pick up your ball.
It might be that the nearest point of relief puts you in a bush or behind a tree!