Sergio DQ'd

smange

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Never understood the love for him I’ve always thought him a bit of an arrogant arse!!

He also has has plenty previous for damage/disrespecting the course.

Hope he gets the ban he deserves but can’t see it, too big a name for them! They prefer to bully the lesser lights

D

Deleted member 18588

a lot of what you read in the press is rumours... amount of alleged reports in early news. I dont think now you can get away from rumours.

Rather depends upon what news sources you rely upon.

user2010

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
What’s the problem with you lot with the spelling police .
Havnt you got anything to do.
Autocorrect is your enemy.

BS, this is a Golf forum is it not?:(
The very least, you should be able to spell one of the Major venues correctly.:rolleyes:
Just a lazy excuse to blame Autocorrect all the time.:eek:
Take a second or so to check what you've typed before submitting. Job done;)

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
BS, this is a Golf forum is it not?:(
The very least, you should be able to spell one of the Major venues correctly.:rolleyes:
Just a lazy excuse to blame Autocorrect all the time.:eek:
Take a second or so to check what you've typed before submitting. Job done;)

0995B96F-E0B8-4BF6-A777-ED7004A8FA80.jpeg

If your sole contribution to the forum consists of picking other members up on spelling and grammar, then maybe you should go play somewhere else.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Seems to be five greens that he damaged!!!

He'd be out the door at any private members club. Pretty horrendous and disgusting behavior from our Sergio.

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
Seems to be five greens that he damaged!!!

He'd be out the door at any private members club. Pretty horrendous and disgusting behavior from our Sergio.

I'm not for a second suggesting a violent/physical response, but what on earth were the guys he was playing with doing? Didn't any of them notice and say something? They all have caddies so that's 4 other blokes there each time.

If someone in my 3/4 ball tried that on a Saturday morning, there is no way they would have managed to do it to 5 greens before being challenged and removed from the course.

AdamC28

Visit site
Not a good story at all.
I haven’t seen any of the damage to the greens but did see him lose it after a bunker shot in earlier play.
Commentator said how he was angry with the way the bunker had been raked and went on to smash the club into the sand multiple times after his shot.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Not disputing any of the reports at all and the fact that Garcia has admitted it proves it happened but I find it strange that none of the players or caddys in his group said anything to him or the referees or that no camera seems to have picked up any of these incidents...
For it be a DQ he must have make some major dents to the green - with all the cameras around nobody saw it?

The cynic in me says there's a bit of a cover up going on.

Very disappointing behaviour from one of my favourite players.

Dasit

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Any idea what damage he has done?

I wouldn’t miss him if he gets a long ban, which he should if he is negatively effecting the course for the players behind

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
What is going on in Garcia's head? Did he think his stature would make him bombproof? Did he think it wouldn't be seen or reported? Screw loose somewhere in his reasoning.

I'd like to think there's be an in-depth investigation into something so serious. Maybe he needs some help...

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
What is going on in Garcia's head? Did he think his stature would make him bombproof? Did he think it wouldn't be seen or reported? Screw loose somewhere in his reasoning.

I'd like to think there's be an in-depth investigation into something so serious. Maybe he needs some help...
Top level sport is very mental.
Some can handle it some can’t .
Most players can but think SG is one who struggles .
He’s a top golfer who most of the time is fine but there is something not quite right.
Most people would just bite their tongue or shout at the caddie.
But it’s very hard to explain damaging the greens ,that to any golfer is a no no.

D

Deleted member 15344

What more needs to “come to light” ?

The ET gave an announcement , the player has said what happened and has apologised and if there is a disciplinary I’m sure they will carry one out and any punishment will be announced

Sergio just like Seve has had temper tantrums before - remember him smashing that bunker - it happens , dealt with , move on