Sergio DQ'd

D

Deleted member 18588

wtf does that have to do with sport reporting from a foreign golf tournament? the majority of journalists, players etc are on twitter and invariably is one of the best information sources

Because, as YOU said, the social media ramblings referred to rumours.

Personally I prefer facts not "false news".

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

good luck with that in this day and age, dont tell me you still believe the BBC news as gospel? you rather dismiss it as having not happened and that it has been dealt with rather than consider theres plenty more to come on this story once it all comes out (as it tends to in this day and age)

I still dont see what that has to do with Trump either but hey ho

D

Deleted member 18588

Will he get a ban I wonder.

If it really was multiple greens rather than the two referred to in the Disqualification Notice, then I would hope further action will be taken.

However, unlikely to greatly bother him as he can just retreat back to the PGA Tour. I don't think that there's any mechanism for all tours" disciplinary action.

D

Deleted member 18588

good luck with that in this day and age, dont tell me you still believe the BBC news as gospel? you rather dismiss it as having not happened and that it has been dealt with rather than consider theres plenty more to come on this story once it all comes out (as it tends to in this day and age)

I still dont see what that has to do with Trump either but hey ho

Because POTUS relies, apparently like yourself, upon Twitter.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Lol twitter is not “false news” it’s as real as the actual news. You can get so much more information than from other sources as it’s real time. Can use it to build a picture that what happened

Then you apply same rule to “news” don’t believe anything you read.

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
Be interesting to see if any footage emerges. Would imagine the ET aren’t exactly going to put a video clip package together, but must surely be Sky and Golf Channel people who will have access, even if there was nothing in the live coverage.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If it really was multiple greens rather than the two referred to in the Disqualification Notice, then I would hope further action will be taken.

However, unlikely to greatly bother him as he can just retreat back to the PGA Tour. I don't think that there's any mechanism for all tours" disciplinary action.
What happens if Agusta says we don’t want the likes of him damaging our greens and others could follow.
Unlikely but possible.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site

Isn't two multiple? (sorry I'm probably being pedantic). I agree though if he gets any sort of ban he'll simply ply his trade on the PGA tour as the ET can't enforce a ban across all tours. However depending on the length of the ban and Garcia's behaviour and intent, would it not put his next RC qualification into doubt if he doesn't meet the ET qualifying events

D

Deleted member 18588

Lol twitter is not “false news” it’s as real as the actual news. You can get so much more information than from other sources as it’s real time. Can use it to build a picture that what happened

Then you apply same rule to “news” don’t believe anything you read.

Sorry but I think you only need to ask the police about the quality of evidence from so called eye-witnesses.

Personally I would have far more confidence in official sources such as BBC rather than Twitter.

D

Deleted member 18588

What happens if Agusta says we don’t want the likes of him damaging our greens and others could follow.
Unlikely but possible.

It is an invitational tournament so it could happen but, as you say, unlikely.

Particularly as he is a former champion.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Sorry but I think you only need to ask the police about the quality of evidence from so called eye-witnesses.

Personally I would have far more confidence in official sources such as BBC rather than Twitter.
ironically you can get the BBC on twitter you know...

D

Deleted member 18588

ironically you can get the BBC on twitter you know...

But that wasn't what was being referred to.

In any event my original comment was not particularly aimed at the source but at it being aimed at reliance upon rumours rather than facts.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
But that wasn't what was being referred to.

In any event my original comment was not particularly aimed at the source but at it being aimed at reliance upon rumours rather than facts.
a lot of what you read in the press is rumours... amount of alleged reports in early news. I dont think now you can get away from rumours.