Senior Golfer?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
55 at most. There is the odd club which has 50 for it's Opens, Alnwick for example in our area, but the vast majority are 55 (I did the checking for you last year @Beezerk ;))

Whilst there is a sigh of relief, you get to play cheap Opens off the yellow tees! What's not to love about that :LOL:

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
55 at most. There is the odd club which has 50 for it's Opens, Alnwick for example in our area, but the vast majority are 55 (I did the checking for you last year @Beezerk ;))

Whilst there is a sigh of relief, you get to play cheap Opens off the yellow tees! What's not to love about that :LOL:

?
I’m looking at booking some opens this year, this over 50 thing has maybe opened a few more doors, and off the yellows ???

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
?
I’m looking at booking some opens this year, this over 50 thing has maybe opened a few more doors, and off the yellows ???
It's great if you can find them at 50. I'm playing in one at West Lothian, Linlithgow, and I played at Alnwick last year, didn't like it enough to go back again. Alnwick was the only one I could find in the area that was 50. There may be some in Durham that are 50 but the ones that initially interested me were 55. Good luck in your hunt :D

Banchory Buddha

Visit site
So what is the age you become one? Google says 50 is that correct at all clubs?
Asking for a friend ?
It's generally 55, you'll see the rare open where 50+ is allowed, even fewer where it's 60.

Our club has just recently defined all senior trophies as 60 now that we're introducing a seniors club championship

55 would seem therefore to be the norm (50 for the pros)

Banchory Buddha

Visit site
It's great if you can find them at 50. I'm playing in one at West Lothian, Linlithgow, and I played at Alnwick last year, didn't like it enough to go back again. Alnwick was the only one I could find in the area that was 50. There may be some in Durham that are 50 but the ones that initially interested me were 55. Good luck in your hunt :D
Aye, 50+ is non-existent in the NE, a smidgen in Moray & the Highlands, and some in Angus and Fife, but generally very hard to find.

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
55 at my club and that’s usually been the case for the opens that I’ve entered, although there are a few that are 60+