Senior Golfer?

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
There is that! I have played with the old codger - the only forum member whose older than all of Crows clubs ?
I think I played with you and twin brother Steve, & Jim at F/Pines many years ago .
Twin man whipped my A*** :cry:.
And even back then, we were all easily in the old farts team :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: .

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I think I played with you and twin brother Steve, & Jim at F/Pines many years ago .
Twin man whipped my A*** :cry:.
And even back then, we were all easily in the old farts team :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: .

You did play with my twin brother but then he's a lot older than me!

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
55 at ours and certainly for Senior’s Opens round these parts. I’m not far off but in no great rush to get involved just yet.

I’m still pretending that I’m eighteen……..

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
50 is too young IMHO, maybe even 55 is.
Decrepitude really starts to kick in after 60, if you've got guys in their early 50s competing they'll be playing a different game to most of the 60+ golfers.

Yes, handicaps will sort things out but the potential gulf in hitting distances will be huge.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
50 is too young IMHO, maybe even 55 is.
Decrepitude really starts to kick in after 60, if you've got guys in their early 50s competing they'll be playing a different game to most of the 60+ golfers.

Yes, handicaps will sort things out but the potential gulf in hitting distances will be huge.

I’ve always thought the same.

I’m almost old enough to play senior golf at our place, and many of my regular playing partners are over 55, but choose not to play senior golf. Some of them are very good golfers who hit the ball miles, and never play from the yellow tees as they simply don’t provide enough of a challenge.

Without disrespecting our seniors, their handicaps are based on rounds from those yellow tees, whilst the rest of the membership play competition golf on a course considerably longer and more difficult.

Take some of those golfers forward to the yellows and you really would be watching two different games, with scores to match.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
As with just about everything in golf there is no "standard" for Seniors golf.....
You wouldn't have thought it would be that difficult.......

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I'll be playing in a few seniors opens this year.
Most are 55 but there are a few around 60+ and even 65+
I go for the oldest ones I can find 'cos most of the players are bandy and can't walk very far....
The downside is that it's not a pretty sight in the dressing room afterwards...:sick::sick::sick:

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I go for the oldest ones I can find 'cos most of the players are bandy and can't walk very far....
The downside is that it's not a pretty sight in the dressing room afterwards...:sick::sick::sick:
So you fit in quite well then..?;)

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site

I recommend Vicks ointment to counter the smell of wee.

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
55 for Seniors County and National competitions, whole raft of scratch comps run by Unions and clubs.
UKSGA run around 20 comps at very good courses , 2 day events for excellent prices , some guys travel round in camper vans following the circuit ;)

Banchory Buddha

Visit site
I turned 50 last Feb and started to look at Senior Golf.

Its 50 for Professionals and 55 for Amateurs ,
However amateurs can enter pro events between 50-55 as I entered Senior British Open Qualifying last year.
Apparently the governing body's are considering making it universally 50 across the board.
It's generally 55 for amateurs, but not always, can be 50, can be 60