Scramble today

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Today was our Captains day and in the afternoon was a 9 hole texas scramble. We had a pretty surreal afternoon.

Me off 7, another bloke off 10 and 2 ladies off 22 and 20 we received 2.95 (5% of combined)

Having parred the par 4 3rd (shotgun start) I holed a wedge for eagle at the 4th, then holed a 40ft putt at 5 for birdie, a 50ft putt from the fringe at 6 for birdie, we birdied 7 from 8 ft, I holed a 20 footer at 8 for birdie then hit driver 8 iron into the heart of the par 9th which was 2 putted for birdie. My pp knocked it on the par 5 1st in 2 (another 2 putt) then we got up and down to par the 2nd.

Ridiculously we were 8 under gross and a resultant 25.05 Nett lol. The 2 crack single figure low handicap teams both also shot 28 for the 9 holes and werent particularly chuffed when they heard our score! Probably a good job was only 9 holes as it couldnt have continued!

Having not holed a thing for weeks, pretty sure Ive used them all up in 9 holes of scramble lol.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Great shooting mate...how was the SLDR?

Yeah its behaving itself, hit a couple of big ones in the scramble with the pressure off, still a bit scared of it on a fast running course though! Just need to start hitting it 8 or 9 times a round and being used to hitting driver that much!

Have reset it back to neutral currently (now Ive reset the swing path a bit) once the changes are fully bedded in I probably need to "refit" it but more than happy with it currently :)

All good with you and yours?

rickg

Money List Winner
Visit site
All good with you and yours?

Unbelievable mate....I'm getting more out of each time I go out!! I'm comfortably driving past a lot of guys that used to out drive me......they've started to call it my cheat stick!!! :rofl:
I would say every round has at least one hole at the moment where I'm hitting a PB longest drive....it's a revelation.....:thup:

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Unbelievable mate....I'm getting more out of each time I go out!! I'm comfortably driving past a lot of guys that used to out drive me......they've started to call it my cheat stick!!! :rofl:
I would say every round has at least one hole at the moment where I'm hitting a PB longest drive....it's a revelation.....:thup:

Fun isnt it :) Especially into the breeze where it just seems to give up far less yardage due to the ball flight

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

these posts are not helpful !! thanks ;)

Alex1975

Tour Winner
Visit site
That sounds awesome fun Steve and great shooting... And yes Rick, your really hurting me!! I am sure I will end up with one but talk of PB drives each round is hurting!

rickg

Money List Winner
Visit site
That sounds awesome fun Steve and great shooting... And yes Rick, your really hurting me!! I am sure I will end up with one but talk of PB drives each round is hurting!

Played our course off the blacks on Sunday @7,100 yards......I birdied all 4 of the front 9 par 5's. This was mainly down to the extra distance (and accuracy) gained off the tee......:thup:

Alex1975

Tour Winner
Visit site
Played our course off the blacks on Sunday @7,100 yards......I birdied all 4 of the front 9 par 5's. This was mainly down to the extra distance (and accuracy) gained off the tee......:thup:

I had a play with one with your specs the other week and pretty much could eye ball the distance carry gain. A really fun tool and very friendly!

You have 4 par 5s on the front 9!?

rickg

Money List Winner
Visit site
I had a play with one with your specs the other week and pretty much could eye ball the distance carry gain. A really fun tool and very friendly!

You have 4 par 5s on the front 9!?
Yes mate....7 par 5's in total.......5 par 3's and 6" par 4's ( off the silver tees -6850 yards - par 74)

Then off the blacks we lose 2 of the par 5's as they become par 4's (par 72)...... It's just that in Sundays comp we were playing off the black tees, but using the silver pars.......confusing I know...just a fun swindle comp)

Alex1975

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yes mate....7 par 5's in total.......5 par 3's and 6" par 4's ( off the silver tees -6850 yards - par 74)

Then off the blacks we lose 2 of the par 5's as they become par 4's (par 72)...... It's just that in Sundays comp we were playing off the black tees, but using the silver pars.......confusing I know...just a fun swindle comp)

Nice to have the versatility to have some fun!

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

Think if I played it off the Black tees Id want at least the extra 2 shots the pars on the silver tees give you!

gdunc79

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Just to go back on topic.......I played my first Scramble in many years a few weeks ago and it was great fun. Organised it via work and got some guys back on the course that hadn't played for many years. Excellent team-building event too!!