Scotty Cameron - fitting

GolfScot

Club Champion
Visit site
Hi all

Have any of the Scottish based members been fitted anywhere for a Scotty Cameron putter? Like most people I've tinkered with different makes, models etc but I've never really been properly fit in terms of stroke type, loft and lie etc. I've had Scotty's before and want to go back to that (flirted with Ping and Odyssey!) but if I'm shelling out that money I'd like to get properly fitted.

I'm west/central Scotland based. Any experience/advice appreciated.

Cheers

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
Hi all

Have any of the Scottish based members been fitted anywhere for a Scotty Cameron putter? Like most people I've tinkered with different makes, models etc but I've never really been properly fit in terms of stroke type, loft and lie etc. I've had Scotty's before and want to go back to that (flirted with Ping and Odyssey!) but if I'm shelling out that money I'd like to get properly fitted.

I'm west/central Scotland based. Any experience/advice appreciated.

Cheers
Michael Newton on YouTube was fit for the new scotty range. It may be worth watching if you want to know what it entails

Yant

Head Pro
Visit site
Can't help with the Scotland part, but i was fitted for a Scotty, by Titleist, at my club last year. The session was extensive and allowed me the opportunity to test out the full range, with the assistance of the fitter to guide me on which one best suited my putting style and stroke.

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
I’ve been fit by Karyn Burns at EK Golf Club.

I didn’t get a Scotty, but I believe they have all the main brands. They have a pretty good set up in terms of indoor lab and outdoor greens. Karyn very impressive in terms of her method and the detail I got from her in terms of output. Also no hard sale. Pay for her time and you can either order from them, or source your own club new or 2nd hand.

Karyn output was more the style of putter, as well as the length, lie, loft, weight etc. Rather than focusing on a specific manufacturer.

I have my fitting details and could then go and buy whatever brand could match that at whatever price point.

Also heard good things about Clydeway nr Uddingston who have a very good range of stock but I’ve never used them for fitting.

GolfScot

Club Champion
Visit site

I didn’t get a Scotty, but I believe they have all the main brands. They have a pretty good set up in terms of indoor lab and outdoor greens. Karyn very impressive in terms of her method and the detail I got from her in terms of output. Also no hard sale. Pay for her time and you can either order from them, or source your own club new or 2nd hand.

Karyn output was more the style of putter, as well as the length, lie, loft, weight etc. Rather than focusing on a specific manufacturer.

I have my fitting details and could then go and buy whatever brand could match that at whatever price point.

Also heard good things about Clydeway nr Uddingston who have a very good range of stock but I’ve never used them for fitting.

cheers mate - that's a great help. Yeh stumbled on the Clydeway website and it seems a really good operation with SAM, specific putting Pro, Ping, TaylorMade, Bettinardi, SeeMore, Scotty etc to try.......

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site

Last time I seen her she was fitting/selling edel putters and also the aimpoint method. She is a good pga pro though and wouldn't steer you far wrong. Theres alot of pros and retail outlets just out to make a quick buck, gift of the gab and all that

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
cheers mate - that's a great help. Yeh stumbled on the Clydeway website and it seems a really good operation with SAM, specific putting Pro, Ping, TaylorMade, Bettinardi, SeeMore, Scotty etc to try.......
If your using Sam for anything other than working on your putting stroke your kidding yourself on, any pro can look at your stroke on video or in person and have s very good idea of what style of head/neck will work best for you