Scottish Golf In Decline Again

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
No they are not - all that money goes to the areas. Counties are self-funded from the subs of the women who choose to join them.

Well I suspect that the womans game is funded differently as counties/area are the same in the mens game since the emalgimation and the £2.50 fee is what we pay.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
We've definitely been talking at cross-purposes then. The women's counties don't get any funding from golf clubs or from Scottish Golf. You're only a member if you choose to join and pay a subscription which is entirely separate from golf club fees.

I definitely need to find out more about this £2.50 fee.... Meanwhile, lets be pals again! :)

Never not been "pals" debate is good.

Men pay £2.50 I believe women pay slightly more? Not sure why that is but I would be surprised if it was a different payment set up to the men. Our £2.50 affiliation fee to the county (area whatever you want to call it) goes towards - errrr pass!

User20204

Visit site
No idea maybe Tayside payment is different I'm £2.50 for Glasgow Golf Union. I'm sure Renfrewshire are the same.

Tayside ? There isn't a Tayside County as far as I'm aware, anyway, just shows you what a shambles it is that different areas pay different money.

User20204

Visit site
Don't remember exactly but my county sub is in the region of £25. But you have to elect to join and pay that so only a fraction of female club members are also county members.

Again, what a farce, women can choose to pay but but for men it's compulsory, a question of which I've never been given an answer to.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
As I understand it all men are members of the area? And it's £2.50 per member paid by the clubs out of subs?

Don't remember exactly but my county sub is in the region of £25. But you have to elect to join and pay that so only a fraction of female club members are also county members.

Clubs pass it onto the members its listed separately on your club invoice at fee time. Fees for the year, SG fee and County Golf Fee which goes to the golf union.

I certainly don't know what your £25 is for - I'd be questioning that but I suspect someone is drinking a bottle of Gin on you!:ROFLMAO:

Having looked at the SG website there I see that that men use "area" and the woman's game seem to have kept the "counties" tag. Rather confusing I agree.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
I'm happy with the £25, really enjoy the county side of things and get plenty out of it. As I said, probably the best value for money golf payment I make each year.

You've now got me wondering if I'm also paying £2.50 towards the men's area.... :unsure:

You won't you will probably be paying a slightly higher fee to the ladies Midlothian (if my geography is correct) county.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
10th ranked male player in the world is Scottish, Sandy Scott. But, yeah nobody else in the top 200.

A handful of women in the 50-100 bracket.
i think he was higher than that, but has been at Uni in the US for 4 years, i thinks this is his last year though

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
We've definitely been talking at cross-purposes then. The women's counties don't get any funding from golf clubs or from Scottish Golf. You're only a member if you choose to join and pay a subscription which is entirely separate from golf club fees.

I definitely need to find out more about this £2.50 fee.... Meanwhile, lets be pals again! :)

Attachments

• download (1).jpg
    download (1).jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 18

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Saves money on gel.

Plus nobody is laughing at the baldy guy now are they. All these moptops walking about with bushes on their heads. I'm still looking very smart and presentable.

Clippers no guard and my hair is sorted. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
luckily the postie doesn't care what my hair looks like,