Scottish Golf In Decline Again

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Not sure what people were expecting. Good gesture from SG, IMO, and surprising they can afford it. How anyone thinks they could refund everything without bankrupting themselves is beyond me.

Wouldn't be a bad thing. Wipe out jobs for the girls and boys. Wipe the slate clean and start again?

Nobody has any faith in SG anymore that is clear.

I think it's inevitable that the areas/counties have another "rebellion" which doesn't help anyone.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Lots of loud voices don't have faith in SG but it's wrong to say "nobody" does, plenty of us do.

Which going by social media and county level information I have from two sources is very much in the minority.

I thought McKinley was doing a good job at rebuilding a dreadful last few years. However something has gone wrong once again and now we're back to square one again.

I'm sure there is still a story to break.....

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Lots of bitching on social media. A depressingly large amount from people who aren't even engaged enough to know that the SGU no longer exists. In real life I think most golf club members are much more indifferent about it.

Again - we'll agree to disagree. ???

Not much in a name change right enough. You still playing out of Duddingston?

HankMarvin

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Not sure what people were expecting. Good gesture from SG, IMO, and surprising they can afford it. How anyone thinks they could refund everything without bankrupting themselves is beyond me.
Bankrupting themselves might not be a bad idea, time for them to justify what they do with all the cash and scale back on all the free loaders and jobs for the boys oh and time for them to support the members and the clubs who pay them the money that gives them their very existence. Rather than offer Nomad golfers a handicap without being a member of a club that is just plain wrong and goes against every golf club in the country.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Golf has a time problem.

It’s perceived as a game for those who can spare a whole day for it only. Travel, clubhouse plus round time can be 7 hours.

When golf solves this it will start to solve its other issues.

I have said for the last 20 years that the authorities should make all golf courses 12 holes.
Solves a lot of problems in one dramatic move.

Visit site
I have said for the last 20 years that the authorities should make all golf courses 12 holes.
Solves a lot of problems in one dramatic move.
I agree, except, I would still have an 18 hole course. "Front 9" to be 12 holes, "back 9" to be 6 holes, (or t'other way round). It would suit the new wave of short time span golfers. Some could do six holes during lunch. If you have a bit longer, do twelve. For the competitions, the full eighteen. Makes sense in this busy world.